The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

does anyone do History HL Europe and the middle east (French revolution/Napoleon and Russia 1860-1924 in particular) have any predictions for thursday??
Original post by francais123
TZ1 or TZ2? I'm TZ2; how did everyone find it?

TZ2 and i thought it was ok... the last section A question tripped me up a bit but apart from that it wasn't too bad..
FML math SL i normally get a 7 but this paper wasnt hard but i made sooo many dumb mistakes.... I accidentally integrated a term in question 9 which led me to directly lose 10 marks....
Original post by ziggyystardust
I can't believe it was THAT easy! I hope that doesn't mean tomorrow's paper is difficult

I thought the same! But everyone else in my class found it difficult and I was worried that I'd over-simplified everything. Thank goodness you thought the same :smile:
how do you guys think paper 2 will go tomorrow? do u think the grade boundaries will drop for Math SL? it was really hard a lot of people cried. im TZ2 btw.
Anyone else take math studies sl?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by amfowab_98
Anyone else take math studies sl?

me:smile:) how did u find the paper
Original post by Niraxas
FML math SL i normally get a 7 but this paper wasnt hard but i made sooo many dumb mistakes.... I accidentally integrated a term in question 9 which led me to directly lose 10 marks....

wait what question was this
i almost made the same mistake then i noticed it wanted the derivative instead
it was hard tho like the exam was hard :/ hopefully grade boundaries drop
Original post by kiki0145
Yees last years was hard but doable... today was just total destruction of my hopes and dreams. I am seriously scared that I will get a 2 in math. If tomorrows is not better I am screwed....
Luckily I only need to pass...

That Section B question had like 3 different "A's" on the graph. Dafug? o.O

duudeee
i like blanked out i cant even remember the questions gone memory black pitch black
that bad
Reply 289
Just finished my Math studies paper 2. It was really bad and i am very VERY disappointed in myself for it (BECAUSE ITS MATH STUDIES)
How was everyone else's?
TZ2 Math HL here, writing from HK. Paper 2 was so much better than paper 1. I normally get higher in paper 1 but I think I'll score better in paper 2 this time.

Ready for the options? I'm gonna sit the calculus paper, what about you guys?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 291
Original post by jaichandak
TZ2 Math HL here, writing from HK. Paper 2 was so much better than paper 1. I normally get higher in paper 1 but I think I'll score better in paper 2 this time.

What do you reckon the 6 and 7 boundary will be in paper 1? I found it pretty tough too
Reply 292
Paper 1 grade boundary predictions anyone? Tz1 or 2?
Original post by jaichandak

Somehow I found P1 (TZ2) a lot easier than P2... I just hope the overall grade boundary for 7 wont be above 82, or else I will have to do super well in my discrete maths paper.

My prediction would be 79% overall for 7 as last year was 77-78 and harder.
Original post by JBucke
Paper 1 grade boundary predictions anyone? Tz1 or 2?

I'd say somewhere between 85-90 for p1 and 90-95 for p2. This is normally a level 7 for tz2 papers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guess for TZ2 P1 boundaries SL:

Last year I got 63 raw mark and that was a 5. I think I was one mark off the 6. Imo, yesterday's was easier. It was doable - I just needed more time. Would have picked up around 15 more marks with 15 more minutes *sigh*. Particularly frustrating when you get 90%+ in past papers.

I think it will be around 66-68 raw for a 6. I wanted that 7, but definitely did not get that yesterday.
(edited 7 years ago)
Paper 2 math SL was good. The questions are nothing out of the ordinary 😊. Time for chemistry HL!
paper 2 math sl wasn't that bad :smile:
Original post by u97
Just finished my Math studies paper 2. It was really bad and i am very VERY disappointed in myself for it (BECAUSE ITS MATH STUDIES)
How was everyone else's?

Really? That bad?
I was in TZI and i thought it was easy, i only had problem with one exercise.
Original post by sarahjennyp
agreed. writing from the UK - nothing compared to any of the past papers (and I did 20+ papers from over the past 6 years)

TZ1 or TZ2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending