The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marli-Ruth
I haven't really started revising psychology properly :frown: I'm gonna bang it out tomorrow
Chemistry and biology been taking all my time...
Should i be worried? O_o

Im in the same situation and also been focusing on biology although ive nearly finished f214 and started f215 and finished the cellular control bit just have a few pages left.

We have 4-5 weeks for both exams which is enough time imo to memorize the essays. I think theres a maximum of 30 essays for the first unit and the second for my case around 6-7 each making 12. bearing in mind the second unit is shorter in terms of essay and less to revise because you have research methods which imo is easy as long as you revise the chi squared man whitney u tests etc.
Original post by phoebecushion
How would you learn them together

The question would normally ask for the biosocial approach with "reference to gender dysphoria"
Anyone know what the most likely questions are for Eating Behaviours? I've seen the Loopa posts for Aggression and Relationships but not sure about eating?
Original post by Robee15
Anyone know what the most likely questions are for Eating Behaviours? I've seen the Loopa posts for Aggression and Relationships but not sure about eating?

This:
https://youtu.be/JZFbcQU6DvM
Original post by A-LJLB
The question would normally ask for the biosocial approach with "reference to gender dysphoria"

I have never seen this before... how would you go about answering it?:frown:
Original post by noey123
hey there thanks for the reply! x well I am just memorising model answers. I will hopefully be done by today and then do past papers from now until sunday hopefully it would work out, i just find it hard balancing my A2 stuff and my AS resits. the worst part is i haven't even finished learning the A2 psychology content, what about you? how are you getting on? :smile:

I'm still writing up my A2 model answers I haven't started memorising them yet which is a little worrying. You sound really prepared for AS though so I wouldn't worry, hopefully we will get a nice paper as it's the last year for this exam! I'm going to do as many past papers this weekend as I can to prepare! Do you have many resits or is this your only one? I didn't anticipate how much extra work they would be!
Hey, for aggression is everyone learning a combined or separate essay for neural
And hormonal mechanisms?
Original post by smegsxo
I have never seen this before... how would you go about answering it?:frown:

I think it's come up before, I'd check but I don't have my stuff with me right now

Have a look at all the past papers?
Original post by A-LJLB
I think it's come up before, I'd check but I don't have my stuff with me right now

Have a look at all the past papers?

Hey have only asked for the biosocial approach without mentioning dysphoria. But in the mark scheme it says you can get marks for including dysphoria as support for biosocial
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Hey have only asked for the biosocial approach without mentioning dysphoria. But in the mark scheme it says you can get marks for including dysphoria as support for biosocial

Ah okay it must have been in an essay I did in class then
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Im in the same situation and also been focusing on biology although ive nearly finished f214 and started f215 and finished the cellular control bit just have a few pages left.

We have 4-5 weeks for both exams which is enough time imo to memorize the essays. I think theres a maximum of 30 essays for the first unit and the second for my case around 6-7 each making 12. bearing in mind the second unit is shorter in terms of essay and less to revise because you have research methods which imo is easy as long as you revise the chi squared man whitney u tests etc.

How would you go about memorising the essays? Im seriously struggling and i thought we were really running out of time but the way u speak sounds like you feel prepared. I could definitely use some advice!
Original post by Nisr123
How would you go about memorising the essays? Im seriously struggling and i thought we were really running out of time but the way u speak sounds like you feel prepared. I could definitely use some advice!

Yeh i have 3 a levels in total 2 essay subjects and biology. I havent really started psychology but we have this weekend which im focused to try and revise one topic fully such as sleep. I feel 4-5 weeks is a long time to revise bearing in mind 2 of those weeks you wont even be in college you would have the full day to revise rather than a few hours.

So in terms of memorizing, the way i do it is to read through the essay twice, once ive read it i would then learn it paragraph by paragraph, which is like chunking. You rewrite this out several times and the key is once youve done the essay because it should be around 2 sides give or take. Rewrite this out several times try and do this 5 times to make sure it fully sticks in your head.

You may think it takes ages but trust me, once youve gotten in the habit it means youll be quicker at writing the essay, along with the fact it stays in your long term memory better.
Original post by ellie0497
Thank you. I really want one of the biological rhythms/exo zeits and endo pacemakers to come up as the 24 marker

That's most likely to come up, but also life span changes in sleep could potentially come up as a 24 marker as there is enough content. Also sleep disorders are likely to come up! Possibly sleep walking with other sleep disorders
or sleep walking as a smaller question e.g 4 marks
Reply 573
Hey, for aggression is everyone learning a combined or separate essay for neural
And hormonal mechanisms?

I'm learning a combined essay
Reply 574
Original post by Robee15

I think neural mechanisms is most likely or possibly factors attitudes to food and eating behaviour tbh
Reply 575
Will circadian infradian and ultradian rhythms be questioned together or can each one come up as an individual 24 marker?
Original post by ombbk
I think neural mechanisms is most likely or possibly factors attitudes to food and eating behaviour tbh

Neural mechanisms https://youtu.be/JZFbcQU6DvM
And biological explanations for an eating disorder
:-)
how do you guys revise for psya3? i'm trying to memorise them all but there's so much content in them
Hey, this might be a bit random but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all the help you've given me. My psychology teacher isn't the best and I really would be clueless without you guys :heart:
(edited 7 years ago)
And hormonal mechanisms?

combined- I think it would be virtually impossible to be given a 24 mark question on just one of those there wouldn't really be enough to write!

Latest

Trending

Trending