The Student Room Group

Only a chump would buy an engagement ring with a "real" diamond.

These days lab grown diamonds look exactly the same as naturally occurring diamonds. Chemically, lab grown diamonds have actually overtaken naturally occurring diamonds in purity and consistency in structure.

Of course, people just don't want to accept these facts because it would mean only one thing, that the swathes of women who claim they just like the look of diamonds are full of ****... and it's really the status and prestige they are attracted to. Which is the actual reason for the obsession with naturally occurring diamonds.

Scroll to see replies

true, they are overrated a little I guess...
Interesting to see there have been 47 views and no counter argument...
Original post by TheGuyReturns

Because I'm guessing that the majority of people more or less agree.

That'd be 'cause you're talking sense
The whole concept of a diamond engagement ring was invented by De Beers to encourage usage/ business . That mine more than the world wants so hold back stock to control the market
These days lab grown diamonds look exactly the same as naturally occurring diamonds. Chemically, lab grown diamonds have actually overtaken naturally occurring diamonds in purity and consistency in structure.

Of course, people just don't want to accept these facts because it would mean only one thing, that the swathes of women who claim they just like the look of diamonds are full of ****... and it's really the status and prestige they are attracted to. Which is the actual reason for the obsession with naturally occurring diamonds.

Well done. You worked out why objects such as gold jewellery have value. You also answered your own question.

You answered your own question you halfwit. :facepalm:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Well done. You worked out why objects such as gold jewellery have value. You also answered your own question.

Look man, I was just trying to **** stir and get angry hoes to start an argument. :/
Reply 8
Sounds like your argument boils down to "don't buy a diamond, buy a diamond".
Is it still a real Diamond and it's the quality of the diamond the exact same? Like exact will last forever?
Why are they growing diamonds in a lab that takes away the awe
Original post by xobeauty
Is it still a real Diamond and it's the quality of the diamond the exact same? Like exact will last forever?

Yes.
Look man, I was just trying to **** stir and get angry hoes to start an argument. :/

You're so bitter if you don't have money just get yourself a feminist
I wouldn't say he's a "chump".

I'd just say he can afford it.

In the same way that you can buy a ferrari kit car for a couple of grand but someone who can afford the real thing would go for it.

Jealousy...???
Original post by .Jeff548

In the same way that you can buy a ferrari kit car for a couple of grand but someone who can afford the real thing would go for it.

Jealousy...???

Except the kit car is actually worse than the real ferrari.
Yes.

Oh cool I didn't know they do this. Yeah I can live with that. Why did you " real " in your title as if it's not a real real diamond or something?
Reply 16
Oh cool I didn't know they do this. Yeah I can live with that. Why did you " real " in your title as if it's not a real real diamond or something?

Good question.

I put the real in quotation marks for a reason...
Original post by .Jeff548

Jealousy...???

But it's the same exact thing but I'm assuming because it's less labour to get in a lab that's why it's cheaper?

Only a chump would get married in this day and age!

These days getting married is pointless if you're a man because of 50% divorce rate, divorce laws that unfairly favour women, and little to no upside to marriage for men.

Quick Reply

Latest