The Student Room Group

2016 Edexcel Economics A: Paper 1 Intro To Markets And Market Failure (May 16th)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
Original post by Diastal
Oh and does doing old papers help? Because they are based off the old spec and the marks available for certain questions are different so I'm not sure whether or not it's useful to do the past papers

You have to look for adjusted papers, quite a few out there
Original post by Diastal
For theme 1 there is nothing in the new spec about buffer stocks, so you don't need to learn about it.

Thank you
Reply 63
Original post by zayn008
You have to look for adjusted papers, quite a few out there

What do you mean by adjusted papers? The only ones I can find adjusted for the new spec are the specimen papers. And there are only one specimen paper for each theme. I just wanted to do more practice on 20 mark questions and couldn't find any online.
Reply 64
Any predictions? The housing market came last year so I doubt it will come this year. Any chance of commodity market coming? 😭
Reply 65
I got 100 ums for unit 2 and now I'm resitting the unit 1 paper hoping to get full ums! Any tips guys?
Reply 66
There's a good video here on answering the unit 1 data response questions here: https://uplearn.co.uk/economics-exam-technique

I think you have to sign up or something but it's free :smile: goes through the frameworks i used last year for my exams.
That was only PED questions if im correct?
Anybody know any/know where to get essay question titles to practice? Not liking being the first year for new spec, there's no realistic past papers! Thanks
does anyone know anything thats come up in the news over the last year that could come up? like BREXIT maybe low oil prices? anything else
sorry if this is late notice but any chance there would be a model answer for tradable pollution permits?
Reply 71
Hi sorry for bothering you, but what adjusted papers? I've been looking so hard trying to find some but all I find are the old past papers in the old format. Please could you help me find them, I'd be so grateful :smile:
very specific questions help. But it is much better to do economics IAL papers.
Reply 73
Hi, just come across the forum. Retaking Economics 1 for the second time on Monday - already have Economics A-Level but am retaking after a gap year to meet uni requirements. Had a moment of panic reading about the exam structure changes, wondering whether this will affect me or whether my exam will follow the structure I'm used to I.E; Multiple Choice followed by Data Response: 6 Marker, 6 Marker, 8 Marker, 14 Marker, 14 Marker
I would just recommend doing the old specification essay questions (i.e. the 14 markers) and answer them as 20 markers. The questions will be similar anyway, so this is what I have done.
Original post by JayOFC
Hi, just come across the forum. Retaking Economics 1 for the second time on Monday - already have Economics A-Level but am retaking after a gap year to meet uni requirements. Had a moment of panic reading about the exam structure changes, wondering whether this will affect me or whether my exam will follow the structure I'm used to I.E; Multiple Choice followed by Data Response: 6 Marker, 6 Marker, 8 Marker, 14 Marker, 14 Marker

There is now a 20 mark essay at the end of the paper. Also there can be 10 and 15 mark essays instead of 8 and 14.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys do we need to know about Veblen and Griffen goods or about the tragedy of commons?
Original post by Hen12
I got 100 ums for unit 2 and now I'm resitting the unit 1 paper hoping to get full ums! Any tips guys?

I don't think they're doing UMS this year, because the new courses are linear. Are you resitting the older style of exam?
Reply 78
If you are re-taking exams, you should be re-taking the old specification (but double check this with your school/centre...). The old specification is available for re-takes until Summer 2017.

If you started A levels in 2015 you will be on the new specification
(edited 7 years ago)
guys as demand and price have an INVERSE relationship

doesnt that mean that PED is always negative and therefore a relatively elastic PED is greater than -1 not (1) and relatively inelastic is between 0 and -1 . perfectly elastic is infinity, unitary would be -1 and perfectly ineaslic 0?
or is it the other way round help !!ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending