The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LenniesRabbit
we're in the exact same situation. Are you doing OCR Psychology?

Nope but doing aqa :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 281
Original post by starshine909
Yeah don't think ageing population will come up....
Do u think family diversity will?

I have no clue
My head is spinning thinking only two topics will come up and I've revised so much....
Family diversity came up in 2014 (marriage divorce rate) and even 2013 June (something to do with post modernism) so coming to think about it I don't see it coming up.
I actually think it will be couples or demography along with theories of the family.
Of course AQA can be horrible and repeat a topic but if we are going by what they usually do then it's gonna be theories of the family, couples or demography
You're all mental, calm down - christ! It's not the apocalypse, it's an exam!
Reply 283
Original post by johnlocke

Haha but it means a lot especially when uni places are riding on it
Original post by xxvine
Haha but it means a lot especially when uni places are riding on it

Well I'm sure having a near aneurysm isn't going to help you secure the spot, just have a brew and read reddit, calm down.
Although this is for education, how can i evaluate this point under (external factors + gender differences )...
Changes in the family since the 1970s have helped to increase girls achievement because female headed lone parent families means that more women take on the breadwinner role
How can i evaluate this point please??

Well, you named it yourself "it's an exam" people stress over exams....hmmm, why? Because they want an A, or their uni place depends on it. Obviously it's natural to stress out....
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by missbubbley
Although this is for education, how can i evaluate this point under (external factors + gender differences )...
Changes in the family since the 1970s have helped to increase girls achievement because female headed lone parent families means that more women take on the breadwinner role
How can i evaluate this point please??

- doesnt account for girls achievement middle-class families (usually neo-conventional nuclear family)
- working-class girls are far likely to be in traditional nuclear family structures with female nurturer - doesnt explain their increase in achievement
Hi I'm doing AS Education tomorrow, bloody bricking it. Any idea of what's gonna come up??? ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 289
Original post by lahmejacks
Hi I'm doing AS Education tomorrow, bloody bricking it. Any idea of what's gonna come up??? ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

That the new spec?
Didn't know education was first...normally it's family
Well I'm sure having a near aneurysm isn't going to help you secure the spot, just have a brew and read reddit, calm down.

Well said! There is nothing worse than stressing out. The closer the exams are, the more essential it is to maintain a relaxed and calm mindset.
Original post by popcornjpg
Well said! There is nothing worse than stressing out. The closer the exams are, the more essential it is to maintain a relaxed and calm mindset.

That's easier said than done...
Original post by xxvine
That the new spec?
Didn't know education was first...normally it's family

It's education. They must have changed it this year
I'm currently doing some practice questions, does anyone know the definition for 'Model minorities'- 2 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predictions for new spec education paper tomorrow? I'm lost and i need help :frown:.
Original post by 10studentlife
That's easier said than done...

I disagree, it's very easily done so long as you spread out revision over a long period of time. I started revision towards the end of March and am feeling confident & relaxed.
GUYS

For tomorrow's NEW SPEC EDUCATION unit...

WHAT ARE YOUR PREDICTIONS
Original post by popcornjpg
I disagree, it's very easily done so long as you spread out revision over a long period of time. I started revision towards the end of March and am feeling confident & relaxed.

It doesn't matter how much you revise, regardless being nervous is just natural for most people.
OMG!!!!!!the exam is here
Original post by GreenNinjaa
GUYS

For tomorrow's NEW SPEC EDUCATION unit...

WHAT ARE YOUR PREDICTIONS

I don't know about predictions but I'm praying that class difference in educational achievement is the 20 marker!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending