The Student Room Group

AS Official Edexcel 1 Psychology Unit 1: Social and Cognitive Psychology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Good luck to everyone taking the exam in 4 hours!
Original post by ata2ud
Good luck to everyone taking the exam in 4 hours!

And you! X
Can someone please explain the Burger Milgram study and Cohrs et al study? I can't find anything on them.
Any last minute predictions for 12 mark?
Original post by zoeemmacfc
Any last minute predictions for 12 mark?

Likely to be a research method question
What did everyone write for the 8mark on Milgram breaching ethical guidelines? What exactly was it asking you to write ?
Reply 86
What did everyone write for the 8mark on Milgram breaching ethical guidelines? What exactly was it asking you to write ?

I described milgrams study and then talked about the ethical issues that it had such as deception, right to withdraw etc and then said how milgram justified this.

However my friend described the bps guidelines and then applied it to milgrams study , so know idk if you had to describe milgram or describe the bps guidelines 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beth000
I described milgrams study and then talked about the ethical issues that it had such as deception, right to withdraw etc and then said how milgram justified this.

However my friend described the bps guidelines and then applied it to milgrams study , so know idk if you had to describe milgram or describe the bps guidelines 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh how exactly did he justify? And yeah I'm not too sure either, I think I done what you did. It was an off question for me since I haven't seen that kind of one come up before or even practised anytbing like that one
Reply 88
Oh how exactly did he justify? And yeah I'm not too sure either, I think I done what you did. It was an off question for me since I haven't seen that kind of one come up before or even practised anytbing like that one

I don't remember exactly what I said and I don't know if it's right.... But I said that if he didn't use deception then not many people would volunteer to take part and they would be more likely to guess the aims of the study stuff like that? And then when I talked about the stress he conflicted on the participants I said that he kept in touch with them after the experiment and I don't think any of them suffered from this experiment in the long term!! I ran out of time so it's not that great- there were far too many 8 markers :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone feel about the resit/old spec paper? :smile:
Thought it was much nicer than last years paper!
How did everyone find the new spec paper?
Original post by Archiemce
Thought it was much nicer than last years paper!

I was so glad that it was a levels of processing 12 marker :biggrin:
Original post by Profanity

It was ok overall. Decent 12 marker but that 8 marker on Milgram got me stuck a little. You?
Original post by Profanity

I thought it was horrific and struggled to finish it in time. My 12 marker was awful. I thought be would only get two 8 mark questions, not four of them. :frown:
Ran out of time on the 12 marker about LOP but the rest of it i thought went really well, nice questions
Reply 96
Original post by clucky_chick
I thought it was horrific and struggled to finish it in time. My 12 marker was awful. I thought be would only get two 8 mark questions, not four of them. :frown:

Yeh so did I!! There was only two 8 markers in the specimen aswell so I thought they'd keep it the same! I didn't even know what I was writing about for the 12 marker aha my 8 marker answers were longer then the 12 marker one 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I ran out of time too on the last question, I just bullet pointed and hopefully that will get me a couple of marks. On the Milgram question i described Milgram but afterwards I did wonder whether I was supposed to describe the ethical guidelines. Overall I thought it went well, hopes everyone else's did too :smile:
What did people write about psychological research on short term memory in the multi-store memory

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find the long question on our cognitive experiment? (Old spec)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending