The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

I am sitting sociology Unit 1 tomorrow and even though I have revised I feel like I haven't done enough:s-smilie: Anyway I believe everything will turn out alright.
Good luck for tomorrow, everyone!
Who needs help/has no idea what they're doing with the methods in context question? I'm happy to explain it, and I have a practice question which got 19/20 marks to use as a model. :smile:
Original post by elegantelephant
Who needs help/has no idea what they're doing with the methods in context question? I'm happy to explain it, and I have a practice question which got 19/20 marks to use as a model. :smile:

Me me me please help

I need help

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure how to structure it

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't have to structure the 20 markers like the essay questions, you just have to list points. You have 3 levels of points you make - you get L1 for a general strength or weakness of the research method; L2 for a strength or weakness linked to education; L3 for a specific link to the group being researched. For the most marks you want as many L3s as possible, but a couple of L2s are fine. In short, you have to link the research method to education and the situation in question. Hope this helps!
Anyone got any predictions for culture and identity??

Can I please please see it? :smile:

Edit : just saw it! :smile:
Original post by Bubbles98
Idk haven't really looked over methods in context in a few days I hate it so much I don't get how to structure it any ideas?

Usually do 3 strengths and limitations. I find there is never enough to write though.. I use PERVERT to try and remember everything though- Practical issues, ethical issues etc.
I did Sociology Unit 1 today but for AQA. If anyone needs any help then just ask!

please can I see the practice question? I'm so worried about methods in context !
Original post by 10studentlife
Usually do 3 strengths and limitations. I find there is never enough to write though.. I use PERVERT to try and remember everything though- Practical issues, ethical issues etc.

Yeah I use that acronym for pure methods! I just don't understand how we apply it to the issue!
Original post by Michael2016
I did Sociology Unit 1 today but for AQA. If anyone needs any help then just ask!

The new spec one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What paper did you do?
Sociology Paper 1 Unit 1 AQA
Reply 395
Sociology Paper 1 Unit 1 AQA

What came up?
Original post by ollysorensen
please can I see the practice question? I'm so worried about methods in context !

I've attached it to my last post. :smile:
How do you remember who released which policies?
Original post by xxvine
What came up?

I dont remember much but in
Studying Society- Research methods, Surveys, Ethical Consideration
Education; Sexism, and Reform In The Last 20 Years
Families-How Has Family Changed In The Last 30(or 50)Years?
Looks like family diversity is gonna come up-_-yuck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending