The Student Room Group

How do you revise in the last 24 hours before exam?

I have GCSE'S but even if your not doing them, tips would be helpful.
I make sure to get enough sleep the night before and then just go over areas I know need more work than others, and maybe a past paper or two before the exam.
Read through the text book for 1-2 hours
Bang out past papers like there's no tomorrow
But leave enough time for a good 8 hour sleep, down 1-2 red bulls in the morning
(edited 7 years ago)
cram past paper questions.
Reply 4
Original post by dontrevisefail
I have GCSE'S but even if your not doing them, tips would be helpful.

i would do LOTS of exam questions. Make mindmaps and read through them out loud so it can get to your mind easily.:smile:
Lol just print markschemes and memorise them lolgcses
A past paper just before which I don't mark because if I failed I'll panic majorly. Generally just go over and make sure I know what I need to know.
Original post by geek567
i would do LOTS of exam questions. Make mindmaps and read through them out loud so it can get to your mind easily.:smile:

I've already done loads of past papers and I want to revise to remind myself of stuff again not start afresh in a short amount of time. Thanks for the mindmap tips though. I just did a couple for chemistry in two days for conditions like haber process etc lol
Reply 8
I've already done loads of past papers and I want to revise to remind myself of stuff again not start afresh in a short amount of time. Thanks for the mindmap tips though. I just did a couple for chemistry in two days for conditions like haber process etc lol

look at the ones you find difficult and read it out loud so you can remember it quickly or write it out hundreds of times until you know it of by heart,
you can also make flashcard and write simle notes (don't over complicate it or u will confuse ur self):smile::smile:
Original post by geek567
look at the ones you find difficult and read it out loud so you can remember it quickly or write it out hundreds of times until you know it of by heart,
you can also make flashcard and write simle notes (don't over complicate it or u will confuse ur self):smile::smile:

Do you think its a good idea to go through the specification and revise through it?
Do you think its a good idea to go through the specification and revise through it?

yes if that helps you. what are you revising for?
Original post by geek567
yes if that helps you. what are you revising for?

chemistry edexcel igcse
Original post by Imperion
A past paper just before which I don't mark because if I failed I'll panic majorly. Generally just go over and make sure I know what I need to know.

I'd second not marking them that close to the exam. If there's things you don't know, you are probably aware that you don't know them and so panicking yourself isn't a good idea. It's just good practise to do the questions and get into the swing of things. Good luck!
Original post by Bubs051213
I'd second not marking them that close to the exam. If there's things you don't know, you are probably aware that you don't know them and so panicking yourself isn't a good idea. It's just good practise to do the questions and get into the swing of things. Good luck!

Yep! Especially if you're really pumped for an exam and feeling well about it, it can turn everything around (last thing you want if you're in the zone :cool:). Though one time it happened that I finished a paper at 8:30 and the exam startes at 9:30 :rofl:
Original post by Pentaquark
cram past paper questions.

How are your exams going? :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest