The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 2 *offical thread*

Scroll to see replies

Could anyone outline the procedures for all 3 offences (criminal)? And is the penalty for battery the same as assault (none of this is in my notes)?
Reply 41
Original post by castiyes
Could anyone outline the procedures for all 3 offences (criminal)? And is the penalty for battery the same as assault (none of this is in my notes)?

I've only really brothered learning summary offence procedure 🙄🙄 and yeah assault and battery have the same sentence :-)
Original post by NHM
No problem :-) what section are you doing first tort or criminal?

I normally just do them in the order on the paper, so criminal first. Otherwise i would end up wasting so much time trying to decide what order to go in because that's just what i'm like
Reply 43
Original post by Segsation
I normally just do them in the order on the paper, so criminal first. Otherwise i would end up wasting so much time trying to decide what order to go in because that's just what i'm like

I tend to do better on tort though 🤔 Can't decide 🤔 I think I'll just do it in order this time let me know how you get on :-)
Original post by NHM
I tend to do better on tort though 🤔 Can't decide 🤔 I think I'll just do it in order this time let me know how you get on :-)

Just focus on one question at a time and try not to read the next question before you've finished the one you're on as I tend to do that and end up thinking about what's coming next and getting mixed up in what i'm writing. That and the timing is the only thing you need to focus on
Reply 45
Original post by Segsation
Just focus on one question at a time and try not to read the next question before you've finished the one you're on as I tend to do that and end up thinking about what's coming next and getting mixed up in what i'm writing. That and the timing is the only thing you need to focus on

Tort only takes me about 35 minutes but criminal takes up most of my other time!
Original post by NHM
Tort only takes me about 35 minutes but criminal takes up most of my other time!

Yeah I don't really know about how long each one takes me, I've never even done a full mock before! I just go for a minute per mark and hope for the best
Reply 47
Since Strict Liability came up last year should I just scrap going over it or would it still be worth it having a look at it just in case aqa are horrible to us?
Reply 48
Original post by Kemdo
Since Strict Liability came up last year should I just scrap going over it or would it still be worth it having a look at it just in case aqa are horrible to us?

They do repeat questions... sometimes but it's highly unlikely it will come up
How'd everyone find it?
Reply 50
Original post by samc12397
How'd everyone find it?

It was so good!!! The criminal section was so easy! And the tort was good too apart from question 9... 🤔
what did you write about the criminal liability of Binh? did you go through GBH and Causation?
Reply 52
Yeah I wrote about both of those for Binh although I'm not sure if you are supposed to mention causation, I just added it in because I had time to check my answers. I found criminal easy but then contract quite weird as we didn't get asked a question on damages (as you usually would.) Since last years boundaries were 70 for an A I would predict it would rise to 75 but I'm not too sure, what do you guys think?
Reply 53
Original post by iliam
Yeah I wrote about both of those for Binh although I'm not sure if you are supposed to mention causation, I just added it in because I had time to check my answers. I found criminal easy but then contract quite weird as we didn't get asked a question on damages (as you usually would.) Since last years boundaries were 70 for an A I would predict it would rise to 75 but I'm not too sure, what do you guys think?

I think they'll be around the same :-)
For the GBH i explained how he had the AR for GBH s18, but he was not reckless and did not intend it and so did not see the risk and so i said he has the mens rea for s47 ABH, as he only intended the battery.

And what were the questions for tort
Reply 55
[QUOTE="samc12397;64989761"]what did you write about the criminal liability of Binh? did you go through GBH and Causation?[/QUOTE

I only talked about GBH because I didn't want to run out of time... Plus I don't know if you were meant to? You can still get a 7/10 even if you didn't talk about causation...
Reply 56
Original post by Bruce267099
For the GBH i explained how he had the AR for GBH s18, but he was not reckless and did not intend it and so did not see the risk and so i said he has the mens rea for s47 ABH, as he only intended the battery.

And what were the questions for tort

I think you may have messed your exam up... The question said specifically assault and s.20 GBH
Original post by NHM
I think you may have messed your exam up... The question said specifically assault and s.20 GBH

For the assault question i talked about assault fully, that one went fine.

In the one about GBH it said he may be charged for section 20. I defined the AR of section 20 and explained how he had the AR especially with brain damage being very serious harm. But then i said he did not have intention for any harm not even serious then i explained using the case of parmenter that if he does not see the risk he will be acquitted. Therefore as he only intended the MR for battery he would be charged for ABH. Will i get any marks in the second question?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 58
In Tort did everyone pick up on the sly question about Factual Causation & RoD?
Original post by kware96
In Tort did everyone pick up on the sly question about Factual Causation & RoD?

What about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending