The Student Room Group

Applying to Elite American schools

For Elite US schools, would AAAC at AS look quite bad? I'm aware that most apply with 3 A level predictions, but my predictions at A2 for 4 are A*A*A*A. Would the C be very hindering? Engineering intended major; C in a humanities whilst As are in STEM. A* predictions in STEM whilst A prediction is it that humanities subject.

Just mucked up a single paper for that C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nah dude youll be fine :smile:
Original post by Ayman!

LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ayman!

:") <3
You need to smash your SAT and extra curricular and all that too. I doubt they'll care about that C
Reply 5
Original post by RueXO
You need to smash your SAT and extra curricular and all that too. I doubt they'll care about that C

Thanks for the advice :smile: I'm actually headed to the US in the Fall (I applied this year). These guys were just joking around

If you'd like any questions answered feel free to ask!
Reply 6
Original post by Student403
For Elite US schools, would AAAC at AS look quite bad? I'm aware that most apply with 3 A level predictions, but my predictions at A2 for 4 are A*A*A*A. Would the C be very hindering? Engineering intended major; C in a humanities whilst As are in STEM. A* predictions in STEM whilst A prediction is it that humanities subject.

Just mucked up a single paper for that C

A C? No Cornell for you... :wink:
Thanks for the advice :smile: I'm actually headed to the US in the Fall (I applied this year). These guys were just joking around

If you'd like any questions answered feel free to ask!

Wow, how do you feel about going to the usa?
Reply 8
Original post by lolatmaths
Wow, how do you feel about going to the usa?

I'm really excited because of the whole "college experience". Would you be thinking of applying?
I'm really excited because of the whole "college experience". Would you be thinking of applying?

wow, probably really interesting! Is it an ivy league?
No, im not looking to apply to the USA, well maybe somewhere like UCB idk :tongue:
Original post by lolatmaths
wow, probably really interesting! Is it an ivy league?
No, im not looking to apply to the USA, well maybe somewhere like UCB idk :tongue:

Yeah it is.. Good luck let me know if you want any help :smile:
Yeah it is.. Good luck let me know if you want any help :smile:

ofcc thanks!
Are you from the UK?
Reply 12
Can someone give me a site to downloads USA SATS past papers
Thanks
Original post by M14B
Can someone give me a site to downloads USA SATS past papers
Thanks

Or, you could just buy the blue book, kaplan guides and barron guides to practice from like most people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Princepieman
Or, you could just buy the blue book, kaplan guides and barron guides to practice from like most people

Posted from TSR Mobile

No site?
There are official practice tests for the new SAT on Khan Academy, Powerscore and crackact. The latter two have ACT past papers. crackact has like 50 ACT past papers, which the ACT doesn't like.
C in humanities. Sodum. I got a B in English gcse, bare smartinits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
C in humanities. Sodum. I got a B in English gcse, bare smartinits

Posted from TSR Mobile

Swear down fam? Raah, Harvard can give you unconditional - apply init.
Original post by Marxist
Swear down fam? Raah, Harvard can give you unconditional - apply init.

They did, I sed na cause like its bare far Init. Plus they don't have chippys in America so I allowed it blud

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey! have u already applied to american unis? Im kinda confused with A level and GCSE applications stuff. What grades are they looking for? (I'm thinking if applying to Cornell, Duke, Northwestern ....etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending