The Student Room Group

AQA Of Mice And Men Predictions? English Lit 2016

Scroll to see replies

Guys and Girls of the Internet. I have gathered through meticulous research that Curley, Lennie(as previously stated) and maybe even Crooks will come up. AQA have thought really hard about it. For an Inspector calls, Mrs Birling was quite a surprise so maybe... SSheila and Gerald as well.
Original post by Khoyes
My teacher said that Carlson will never come up because he is not relevant in the novel. Focus on the main characters and the themes.

Characters : George, Lennie, Candy, Curly, Curley's wife, Crooks and Slim

Can't remember themes apart from dreams

I feel like he could come up though? (hopefully not) But maybe curley could come up this year
My teacher reconds Slim for OMAM and Sheila or stage direction for Inspector calls
I'm thinking Slim might come up as he is quite hard, then for AIC Gerald maybe
Original post by 11lmizo
I'm thinking Slim might come up as he is quite hard, then for AIC Gerald maybe

Good luck!!! English lit is quite hard
My teacher predicted either Curley, and for part B masculinity, or the clearing, and part B about use of setting
Original post by mairossanna
My teacher predicted either Curley, and for part B masculinity, or the clearing, and part B about use of setting

The clearing might come up... Prep for any possibility for the best results.Thanks guy/girl 😁😁😁
Reply 27
Well my teacher thinks that Curley will come up with something to do with masculinity or violence or maybe about the natural setting
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
she came up last year
I reckon Curley will come up because all the characters but Carlson have come up at least once if not twice before apart from Curley.
Original post by JenniMusic
Ahhhh, 'Of Mice and Men'!
What other novel are you studying?
Good luck revising - what methods do you use?
I think Carlson would be an interesting question, but quite tricky to analyse...

You would need to talk about how he is a pragmatist and link this with the way he deals with Candy's dog with his reasoning behind it.
my teacher says Curley is likely to come up and perhaps looking at the overall theme of masculinity in the whole novel for part b!
my teacher said go over slim, carlson, curley and lennie mainly but also have notes on the other charecters incase
Original post by djdude
AQA Of Mice And Men Predictions?
In depth on Carlson, because that hasn't appeared yet?
Or should i focus on every single character?

I predict either Carlson and Candy's dog or Curley as he is yet to come up!
Reply 34
Has a question about George shooting Lennie come up, A question about the clearing at start and end or a question about setting or symbolism?
my English teacher said to me that it would be worth revising Carlson, Curley and Crooks because they haven't come up for a while and that he believes that the themes of hope and dreams will come up a lot, hope that helped
Original post by djdude
AQA Of Mice And Men Predictions?
In depth on Carlson, because that hasn't appeared yet?
Or should i focus on every single character?
Apparently its going to be the shooting of Candys dog (Carlson), Curley for part a and for part b the American Dream or Masculinity
Original post by cameornjr
my English teacher said to me that it would be worth revising Carlson, Curley and Crooks because they haven't come up for a while and that he believes that the themes of hope and dreams will come up a lot, hope that helped

I doubt carlson will come up there is not much to say about him, he is dull tbh
Reply 38
It is more likely to be in depth of Carlson seen as he has not come up in any of the other english exams, but if I was you I would focus on every character just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending