The Student Room Group

AQA Drama 24th May

I'm a little worried about the exam tomorrow, does anyone know any really good tips, or MUST DO'S to the exam tomorrow? I'm doing Section A and then Section C . I know section A is often similar right? However section C will be quite different in questions 9 and 10... Who else has the exam?
Hey, I have it tomorrow. I'm doing Section B though so i'm not quite sure about Section C. Just make sure that your always quoting the things that you did and always talk about the 3 acting skills. Facial expression, body language and Vocal skills. Describe how you/they used them in detail, e.g. Furrowed eyebrows to show my anger towards the victim and "Tall posture which made me stand out from the audience and left the victim feel small and insignificant" If your talking about vocals just mention your pitch and how loud your were/ speed of talking. It will all come into sync once your in the exam hall tomorrow. Try not to learn bulk content, instead learn good exam technique because the question always changes so keep an open mind and always have a few examples that you can talk about. Btw always try to explain whats happening on the scene with reference to stage directions and whats actually going on. This will assure you get band 1 all the time. Good luck :smile:
I've lost my drama notes that have all the answers needed for the exam tomorrow and I'm extremely stressed about it!!!! I seriously don't know what to do I'm going to fail
What do I do?? Does anyone have notes that they don't mind sending me? Please let me know, thanks
Original post by Emyrox
I'm a little worried about the exam tomorrow, does anyone know any really good tips, or MUST DO'S to the exam tomorrow? I'm doing Section A and then Section C . I know section A is often similar right? However section C will be quite different in questions 9 and 10... Who else has the exam?

Original post by nathanial292
Hey, I have it tomorrow. I'm doing Section B though so i'm not quite sure about Section C. Just make sure that your always quoting the things that you did and always talk about the 3 acting skills. Facial expression, body language and Vocal skills. Describe how you/they used them in detail, e.g. Furrowed eyebrows to show my anger towards the victim and "Tall posture which made me stand out from the audience and left the victim feel small and insignificant" If your talking about vocals just mention your pitch and how loud your were/ speed of talking. It will all come into sync once your in the exam hall tomorrow. Try not to learn bulk content, instead learn good exam technique because the question always changes so keep an open mind and always have a few examples that you can talk about. Btw always try to explain whats happening on the scene with reference to stage directions and whats actually going on. This will assure you get band 1 all the time. Good luck :smile:

help me please
If you literally don't have any notes and the piece is devised then you can literally make up what happened. Make up quotes from what you remember happened roughly and go along with that. The examiner does't have any recordings of your performances so your are able to get away with that. Just prepare some quick quotes you can use now and explain how you used your acting skills to perform the scene effectively. Just make sure to talk about the audience in your answer and how they reacted. An example could be "I knew this was successful, because the audience looked sincere and happy for us". Even if that didn't actually happen you can say that because again they have no evidence. They only know what you tell them, so if it's realistic enough then go for it :smile:
If you literally don't have any notes and the piece is devised then you can literally make up what happened. Make up quotes from what you remember happened roughly and go along with that. The examiner does't have any recordings of your performances so your are able to get away with that. Just prepare some quick quotes you can use now and explain how you used your acting skills to perform the scene effectively. Just make sure to talk about the audience in your answer and how they reacted. An example could be "I knew this was successful, because the audience looked sincere and happy for us". Even if that didn't actually happen you can say that because again they have no evidence. They only know what you tell them, so if it's realistic enough then go for it :smile:

Thanks so much, this was really helpful! I could do that but my mind isn't very imaginative as such
I'm probably going to make notes now like you said and then just make up other stuff...
Do you have any examples or notes or stuff that you'd be able to send by any chance?

Once again, thank you very much!
It depends on your performances and what your writing about. My section A was about a Bullying piece so it's easy to talk about from the bully's perspective, how you made them sad and upset. Just state each acting skill and explain the causes of that and how you did it, like when I said the line "Make sure you don't go sitting on no walls, you might fall off" My voice was deeper to symbolise the hate between us and I spoke slower so that they could understand my insult" This created tension between us and made the audience feel scared.

For some inside context I was insulting her because of her name "Terry Dumpton" and I was joking about her being "Humpty Dumpty"

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:
It depends on your performances and what your writing about. My section A was about a Bullying piece so it's easy to talk about from the bully's perspective, how you made them sad and upset. Just state each acting skill and explain the causes of that and how you did it, like when I said the line "Make sure you don't go sitting on no walls, you might fall off" My voice was deeper to symbolise the hate between us and I spoke slower so that they could understand my insult" This created tension between us and made the audience feel scared.

For some inside context I was insulting her because of her name "Terry Dumpton" and I was joking about her being "Humpty Dumpty"

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

Oh I get it...I'm also playing an evil character - Jaffar from Aladdin I should talk about my voice, body language, reasons, impact on audience, etc... right?
Good luck to you too!! You'll do great! :biggrin:
Original post by Emyrox

For Section C my friend and I made up "GMFAPSS" (looks a bit rude lol but it makes you remember it) meaning Gesture, Movement, Facial Expressions, Actions, Props, Set and Space for the actor's body and for their voice "TAPPPER" which stands for Tone, Accent, Pitch, Pace, Pause, Emphasis and Rhythm. If the question asks, "how did this actor make this scene dramatic" or something just go through body and voice using those sections to concentrate on. Just put in as much detail as you can and you can achieve really high marks.
Reply 9
Thankyou everyone! This really helped! Hope you all did well xx

Quick Reply

Latest