The Student Room Group

GCSE Drama

Does anyone have any tips for the Edexcel Drama written exam? I’m doing DNA and i always forget the play’s events/characters and struggle to remember the structure of answering each question
Hi :smile: current A level drama student here. I didn't do Edexcel (I did AQA) but I got an 8 so I hope I can help :smile:

In terms of characters, I would recommend having a page about each one. If you're arty, you could use a sketchbook, draw and annotate what you think the characters would look like, and also make a note of their interactions with other characters, their personality, and a bit of trivia about them. You can also do this in bullet points on a google doc, or as a spider diagram sort of thing.

For plot, I would suggest making a flow chart of the notable events and if you're arty draw a little picture? In my GCSE drama class (and also for school shows) we play this memory game called 'Whoosh' where someone reads a summary of the play and people act it out. I found that really helped jog my memory for the order of the plot, and helped me remember parts I may have forgotten.

I'm not sure how to help with structuring answers for the questions as I didn't do Edexcel. If you gave me potential questions I could see how to structure it?

Best wishes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest