The Student Room Group

Would university accept me after seeing my final, A2 grade?

I am year 12 student and take maths further maths and 2 sciences

I am at the position where maths are modular course where i have to take AS and A2 seperately, and sciences are linear so not necessarily need to take it the first year.

But i chose to sit the exam for all 4 subject in the first year, so when I send in app form to uni, i need to give them the result for the offer.

I want to ask is, if i don't manage to get a successful grade for science (which doesn;t really count toward the A-Level) that doesnt meet the requirement for certain university, will I not be given a chance to re apply for the university after getting better grade in A-level?
Original post by ucjs2
I am year 12 student and take maths further maths and 2 sciences

I am at the position where maths are modular course where i have to take AS and A2 seperately, and sciences are linear so not necessarily need to take it the first year.

But i chose to sit the exam for all 4 subject in the first year, so when I send in app form to uni, i need to give them the result for the offer.

I want to ask is, if i don't manage to get a successful grade for science (which doesn;t really count toward the A-Level) that doesnt meet the requirement for certain university, will I not be given a chance to re apply for the university after getting better grade in A-level?

You generally apply for university after you receive your AS grades. If the offers you receive aren't what you were expecting because of your AS but you expect these to improve at A2 UCAS has a feature called 'Adjustment' (read more here http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/ucas/adjustment/).

Failing this you can take a year out and reapply for the following year. Almost no universities discourage this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mav1
You generally apply for university after you receive your AS grades. If the offers you receive aren't what you were expecting because of your AS but you expect these to improve at A2 UCAS has a feature called 'Adjustment' (read more here http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/ucas/adjustment/).

Failing this you can take a year out and reapply for the following year. Almost no universities discourage this.

Thank you very much! you gave me hope :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest