The Student Room Group

Clearing 2023 Russell Group

i have gotten the grades ACC physics, maths and business how probable is it for me to get into a russell group university through clearing and if so which universities should i look out for, thank you.
What is it about the Russell group that appeals to you?

What degree are you hoping to study?
Original post by MHI0
i have gotten the grades ACC physics, maths and business how probable is it for me to get into a russell group university through clearing and if so which universities should i look out for, thank you.

The Russell Group is meaningless. It is a marketing group set up to protects its members interest. There are universities every bit as good and in some cases better outside the group. Do not fall for their propaganda.

For what its worth Liverpool and Cardiff amongst others are likely to accept the lowest grades in clearing, Whether you will get in with ACC I dont know.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
What is it about the Russell group that appeals to you?

What degree are you hoping to study?

I want to study mechatronics or mechanical engineering
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
The Russell Group is meaningless. It is a marketing group set up to protects its members interest. There are universities every bit as good and in some cases better outside the group. Do not fall for their propaganda.

For what its worth Liverpool and Cardiff amongst others are likely to accept the lowest grades in clearing, Whether you will get in with ACC I dont know.

i want to study mechatronics or mechanical engineering preferably . what is the best uni i should or could apply to given my unfortunate grades
Original post by MHI0
i want to study mechatronics or mechanical engineering preferably . what is the best uni i should or could apply to given my unfortunate grades

I dont know what will accept you with your C in Maths. You could try places like Lancaster, Swansea, Cardiff, Exeter or Liverpool.
I dont know what will accept you with your C in Maths. You could try places like Lancaster, Swansea, Cardiff, Exeter or Liverpool.

Did you manage to get any offers today.
Original post by MHI0

Hi @MHI0,

Kent is still open for clearing till 8pm today! Our school of engineering is highly rated. We have a range of degrees for you to look at.

You can call us now: 01227 768896. Talk to our staff and see what your options are.

If you had not considered Kent before and feel worried about accommodation, we are offering guaranteed accommodation for all Clearing Applicants who confirm acceptance of their offer on UCAS Hub by 8pm Friday 18 August. I do appreciate that you may not have come down to visit us so feel free to ask me any questions. I study undergraduate Psychology and I am going into my final year. I have also lived in Canterbury for nearly 10 years.

I would recommend when looking at different universities to look at the location, student life and accommodation to see which university is right for you. After all, it will be your home for the next few years.

Alia
University of Kent Student rep
Reply 8
Did you manage to get any offers today.

Yes thank you you i managed to get offers from Liverpool, Exeter and York what do you think is the best choice considering quality of course and University, I am leaning towards liverpool but would love your perspective
It is very difficult to advise somebody on a university as everyone's wants are different. I would say Exeter but then if your a city type person Liverpool would suit you better. Good luck wherever you decide upon. Your happiness comes first.
Original post by MHI0
Yes thank you you i managed to get offers from Liverpool, Exeter and York what do you think is the best choice considering quality of course and University, I am leaning towards liverpool but would love your perspective

those are 3 great options
I’d say look carefully at the *course content and structure* at each one of the three
also, check out accommodation options at this stage as they will be more limited now and that can be really key to you thriving at university- having a decent room to study in, with the company of other students and sited close enough to where you will have early morning teaching in winter!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending