The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 UK June 2016 Model Answers

Hey!

Edexcel UK C2 June 2016 model answers below. Due to copyright, I can't upload the actual paper but feel free to ask about a question that you can't quite remember and I'll be more than happy to jog your memory. The marks for each question are in brackets on the side.

Seems like a standard paper. Algebra in last question was a bit annoying.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
[scrollr] :jive: :rave: :party: Z A C I N :party: :rave: :jive:[/scrollr]
Nice going Zacin
Reply 3
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

Edexcel UK C2 June 2016 model answers below. Due to copyright, I can't upload the actual paper but feel free to ask about a question that you can't quite remember and I'll be more than happy to jog your memory. The marks for each question are in brackets on the side.

I pretty much had all the answers there!
Only question is how many marks would i lose for Question 5 for getting the incorrect vale of k yet showing the new expansion and then for part D using that incorrect value correctly in method to get an answer?
Reply 4
Original post by river222
I pretty much had all the answers there!
Only question is how many marks would i lose for Question 5 for getting the incorrect vale of k yet showing the new expansion and then for part D using that incorrect value correctly in method to get an answer?

Depends on what exactly went wrong but in a best case scenario you'd get 2/4.
Reply 5
Original post by Zacken
Depends on what exactly went wrong but in a best case scenario you'd get 2/4.

It may be an error carried forward with method mark for 3/4 perhaps but oh well im happy with 73! :P

Thanks a million for putting this up though really appreciate the time you put in for this!
Reply 6
hey zacken, one question. For question 8ii I made y=2^x and

(2^x)^2+5-7(2^x)

therefore
y^7-7y=0 and solved from there, will I lose ALL marks?

and for the differentiation question I forgot to sub in my value of x back into the formula to find P. How many marks will I lose in total?
thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by imran_
hey zacken, one question. For question 8ii I made y=2^x and

(2^x)^2+5-7(2^x)

therefore
y^7-7y=0 and solved from there, will I lose ALL marks?

You might gain one for forming a 2 term quadratic.

and for the differentiation question I forgot to sub in my value of x back into the formula to find P. How many marks will I lose in total?

2 marks lost.

So looks like you lost 3 + 2 = 5 marks.
Reply 8
Original post by Zacken
You might gain one for forming a 2 term quadratic.

2 marks lost.

So looks like you lost 3 + 2 = 5 marks.

okay thank you!
i just hope its less than 65 for an A
Reply 9
Original post by imran_
okay thank you!
i just hope its less than 65 for an A

Don't worry about it. :-)
Bro,

For the first logs one,

I wrote 3b+1 = 1/3 (a-2)

then final answer 1/3a -5/3 which was all divided by 3.

How many marks would I lose?
Reply 11
Original post by Randall13
Bro,

For the first logs one,

I wrote 3b+1 = 1/3 (a-2)

then final answer 1/3a -5/3 which was all divided by 3.

How many marks would I lose?

Only 1.
Reply 12
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

Thanks for putting the time in for this.
You said before that someone else is doing c3 and c4, you wouldnt happen to know who'd do D1?
Reply 13
Original post by boyyo
Thanks for putting the time in for this.

You're very welcome!

You said before that someone else is doing c3 and c4, you wouldnt happen to know who'd do D1?

I don't think I know of anybody so far who's going to do D1, sorry. :dontknow:
On 1c. I accidentally did the difference between the sum of the two terms. (Used the wrong formula, idk how dont ask.) Do you think I would gain any marks for it?

Also for the radius, I forgot the formula for it and *Tried* to complete the square. I got a completely wrong answer, I got like 10.6//113 as r^2, do you think I would gain one mark for it.
Thank you so much Zacken!
Reply 16
Original post by Zacken
You're very welcome!

I don't think I know of anybody so far who's going to do D1, sorry. :dontknow:

ah ok no worries, thanks anyway. Also, in question 4b of the C2 paper, once you've subbed in -2, do you need to state 'therefore (x+2) is a factor'
Reply 17
Original post by CrazyFool229
Thank you so much Zacken!

You're welcome!

Original post by Kholmes1
On 1c. I accidentally did the difference between the sum of the two terms. (Used the wrong formula, idk how dont ask.) Do you think I would gain any marks for it?

I don't think so, no. Sorry. :frown:

Also for the radius, I forgot the formula for it and *Tried* to complete the square. I got a completely wrong answer, I got like 10.6//113 as r^2, do you think I would gain one mark for it.

Do you mean you got the length of the line between P and Q wrong or the equation of the circle wrong?

Original post by boyyo
ah ok no worries, thanks anyway. Also, in question 4b of the C2 paper, once you've subbed in -2, do you need to state 'therefore (x+2) is a factor'

No, you don't need to. :-)
Original post by Zacken
You're welcome!

I don't think so, no. Sorry. :frown:

Do you mean you got the length of the line between P and Q wrong or the equation of the circle wrong?

No, you don't need to. :-)

The length. I got the numbers in the bracket right. But my radius was wrong.
what do you think grade boundary will be if you compare it with last year? thanks so much btw :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending