The Student Room Group

Biology unit 5 help

Could some please help me with these? PRETTY PLEASE (from bio 5- jan 2011)
How does MDMA effect levels of serotinin in the brain?
AND
Describe how enough ATP is made available for contraction of fast twitch muscle fibres, despite there being only a few mitochondria?

I read the mark scheme answers but they don't satisfy me/ I don't understand 'em
I don't know about the first one haven't done bio revisions in timmmmeee but still for question 2 - fast twitch muscle don't need mitrochondira becuase they only do glycolysis which happens in the cytoplasm and they make lots of ATP via glycolysis
Also because Fast twitch muscle have lots of store of glycogen so can break this down quickly to release ATP and finally because they have creatin phosphate which is basically a molecule that stores the active Phosphate in ATP . This creatin phosphate is broken down to release the Pi then reacted with ADP to form ATP !!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by OrangeMouth
I don't know about the first one haven't done bio revisions in timmmmeee but still for question 2 - fast twitch muscle don't need mitrochondira becuase they only do glycolysis which happens in the cytoplasm and they make lots of ATP via glycolysis
Also because Fast twitch muscle have lots of store of glycogen so can break this down quickly to release ATP and finally because they have creatin phosphate which is basically a molecule that stores the active Phosphate in ATP . This creatin phosphate is broken down to release the Pi then reacted with ADP to form ATP !!!

Thankyou so much! x

Quick Reply

Latest