The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Youre results from akert is completely diff from mine since youre talking about 6 stages??? But theres only 4 for duck and 5 for Lee.

Oh, I'm using Rollie and Duck model.
I regularly get 23/24 and write 2 and a half pages although my writing is small. If you are good at not waffling and getting straight to the information where the marks are like me you will be fine even writing two pages. The person who got 100ums in my class wrote around 2 and a half 3 pages in her exams as I've seen her script. It is the quality of what you write not the quantity so don't worry about comparing how much you write to other people :smile:
Reply 1342
Original post by jessbuss97
I've done an essay that combines both endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers. Could they come up as two separate essays? If they could how likely is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question may not explicitly ask you to discuss both of them. If the question asks you to discuss one of them, that already means you've gotta discuss both of them.

For instance, "Evaluate the role of endogenous pacemakers on circadian rhythms" will mean you've gotta talk about studies that support endogenous pacemakers being the primary regulator. OR, you've gotta use studies that show exogenous zeitgebers as the primary regulator, as an evaluation of endogenous pacemakers.

Even though both EPs and EZs work together, a discussion of either of them means you talk about how significant the other one is as well.
Original post by eloiserosalie
I regularly get 23/24 and write 2 and a half pages although my writing is small. If you are good at not waffling and getting straight to the information where the marks are like me you will be fine even writing two pages. The person who got 100ums in my class wrote around 2 and a half 3 pages in her exams as I've seen her script. It is the quality of what you write not the quantity so don't worry about comparing how much you write to other people :smile:

what topics are you doing?
Original post by Mesosleepy
Oh, I'm using Rollie and Duck model.

How do you structure your AO2s? how many paragraphs do you/the person that got 100ums normally do
Is there a high chance of the gender dysphoria social influence gender schema theory and kohkbergs cognitive development theory coming up
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kitty201322
Is there a high chance of the gender dysphoria social influence gender schema theory and kohkbergs cognitive development theory coming up

Why? Social influence was last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have an example essay for infradian and ultradian rhythms? It's my last one and I'm really struggling on it, it would be really appreciated!
Original post by TMC113
Why? Social influence was last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didnt that paper get stolen so they might be snakey and give it us again im not gonna learn it
Didnt that paper get stolen so they might be snakey and give it us again im not gonna learn it

Only unit 4 was stolen

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you basing these predictions on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
What are you basing these predictions on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From previous exam paper questions and they tend to mostly be correct
(edited 7 years ago)
For eating behaviour, is everyone learning a full essay for evolutionary explanations to anorexia/bulimia or a half essay? Like could they ask for a full 24 mark or just ask you to talk about more than one biological, in which case you could learn a full neural is they ask for one and then half for evolutionary if they say one or more or could they specify?
Original post by toetothunder
How do you structure your AO2s? how many paragraphs do you/the person that got 100ums normally do

1) 2-3 studies
2) 2-3 developed IDA
3) Don't shoehorn IDA into the essay or leave them at the end.
4) Make each A02 paragraph flow.
5) Try to create a discussion within the essay.
1) 2-3 studies
2) 2-3 developed IDA

Is it okay if you use one study to evaluate a theory but then evaluate the hell out of the study obviously with links back to the theory with its implications?
1) 2-3 studies
2) 2-3 developed IDA

IDA should be at the end.... Makes for a well structured essay
Original post by Hihihi123
Is it okay if you use one study to evaluate a theory but then evaluate the hell out of the study obviously with links back to the theory with its implications?

No, I wouldn't do this
Original post by A-LJLB
No, I wouldn't do this

****, can i pm you an essay to see if it's completely wrong?
Original post by Hihihi123

I don't think 1 study is enough
1) 2-3 studies
2) 2-3 developed IDA

Thank you!, thats slightly clearer now :smile: Can I link IDA's to studies? for example hay et al found that people get as much pleasure from giving as they do receiving in a relationship. Can I link this to the rewards needs theory being simplistic/reductionist?

Latest

Trending

Trending