The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Would you be able to have a read of mine? Ive been doing timed essays and think ive produced some decent essays.

Sure, PM me :wink:
Original post by Annettee
Im glad it was helpful! It was nice to take a break from trying to memorise all these essays lool. To be on the safe side and ensure you get marked for an effective IDA, I would have a bulky contextualised IDA and then you can have a small paragraph on the limited. You want an obvious one like reductionism, determinism, nature vs nurture etc. Then you can have a side note on limited or a practical applications which still gives you A02 marks. Tbh I'm not 100% if being limited would be considered an IDA...I suppose if you talk about no consideration for other factors and a holistic approach is needed to aid in our understanding...but again I wouldn't take the risk lool. It's slightly subjective ish

Hi i did an essay on breakdown of relationship i uploaded it here because some others wanted an example, thanks for taking the time to read it :smile:
Gender bias. Doesn't account for women. Ignores there role in warfare suggesting they should be at home protecting there reproductive capacitu
Predictions for aggression?
Original post by Fenicoteri

Loopa has done them, from what i can remember its neural/hormonal being the most likely have a look at the others hes suggested.
Original post by Fenicoteri

Anything evolutionary or biological essentially! Worth knowing all of those in detail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here is the essay for the breakdown of relationships

Hey, I'm on my iPhone and I'm having a difficult time reading your essay. Do you mind uploading some clearer images? Sorry
Original post by Annettee
Hey, I'm on my iPhone and I'm having a difficult time reading your essay. Do you mind uploading some clearer images? Sorry

Yeh no problem it looks like i missed my last page as well... Hahaha

Hopefully this is better?
Anyone got A02 points for formation of relationships for Bryne and Clore, kinda struggling with that.
Does anyone know of any unofficial predictions for Unit 3&4?
Original post by Lilius
Does anyone know of any unofficial predictions for Unit 3&4?

Check out loopa's predictions based on patterns- he was really accurate for unit 1 and 2. But make sure u revise everything just in case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunDun111
Anyone got A02 points for formation of relationships for Bryne and Clore, kinda struggling with that.

(+) Griffit and Guay - experimenter was rated high when PPs were rewarded/positively evaluated. Supports the need for reward in forming positive feelings which may lead to relationship development

(+) Cate et al - study on 337 PPs. Found that PPs reported 'receiving rewards' as very important in a relationship

(+) Aron et al - physiological support. PPs who measured highly on a questionnaire about love were found to have strong brain activity
Original post by Oiseaux
(+) Griffit and Guay - experimenter was rated high when PPs were rewarded/positively evaluated. Supports the need for reward in forming positive feelings which may lead to relationship development

(+) Cate et al - study on 337 PPs. Found that PPs reported 'receiving rewards' as very important in a relationship

(+) Aron et al - physiological support. PPs who measured highly on a questionnaire about love were found to have strong brain activity

I got Cate and griffit, can you elobarate on the Aron one please.
Hi thanks for the reply, it has definitely cleared things, last thing has aqa ever repeated questions the following year? Many of us are wondering whether to revise last years stuff in as much detail, so just wanted to know whether questions have been repeated.

I think they did once for Gender I heard when I sat the exams myself? A girl was sitting it for the 3rd time apparently when I went to the exam centre and she said they repeated questions which threw her off the second time (hence the third re-sit).

I'd have to double check the past questions but for PSYA4 and media psychology - I know they have definitely repeated 10 markers back to back. Generally they dont tend to for PSYA3 I think but its always wise to get a grasp of everything and then focus on the ones most likely so all your bases are covered.
Not sure if this has been shared before but I found this website that summarises everything pretty clearly: http://a2psychologya.wikia.com/wiki/A2_Psychology_Revision_Wiki
Yeh no problem it looks like i missed my last page as well... Hahaha

Hopefully this is better?

So all I'd say apart from what I've attached is I think your essay just needs to be more structured. By linking your paragraphs this will really help make your entire essay more cohesive and clear. Ultimately what you want to do is tell a logical story. So maybe this supports, this supports, but then this piece of research says otherwise. And further casting doubt is the lack of applicability to all genders blabla. I hope I'm making some sense lool

Also sorry for my shorthand in the image! I do a lot of arrows and stuff :s
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SunDun111
I got Cate and griffit, can you elobarate on the Aron one please.

PPs who said they were in love had stronger brain activity in the areas of the brain referred to as the "reward centres". This supports the link between love and rewards, and hence, the reward/need theory.
Does anyone else think biological explanations for eating behaviours will come up for Unit 3?
The specification lists biosocial and gender dysphoria together... Does this mean they won't ever ask a question on gender dysphoria alone? If the question asks about the biosocial approach can we talk about the explanations for gender dysphoria and its evaluations etc.?

Latest

Trending

Trending