The Student Room Group

Is revising 2 days before an exam ok?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hals
I've errr.. somehow managed to leave my revision until now and am currently revising for exams a few days before i actually have them (GCSEs). is this usually successful? anyone experienced doing this and achieving good grades (I'm looking to achieve the best grades i can)

i guess? never tried it but in regards to geography i revised it in 1 and a half days yet i knew some of it from work in class so yeah..
Reply 21
Original post by Divinchi
i guess? never tried it but in regards to geography i revised it in 1 and a half days yet i knew some of it from work in class so yeah..

yeah thats how it is for me as well, i remember stuff from when I've revised it before for mocks and when we learnt it in class, so it makes revision a little easier. thanks
Original post by hals
I've errr.. somehow managed to leave my revision until now and am currently revising for exams a few days before i actually have them (GCSEs). is this usually successful? anyone experienced doing this and achieving good grades (I'm looking to achieve the best grades i can)

haha 2 days is better than no days so just do what you can
Original post by flyingpanda
You can get really good grades, I did after leaving my revision late for GCSEs. That being said, revising early never did much for me as I'd end up forgetting everything and having to go over it the night before again.

As for getting the best grades you can, I'm not quite sure. I know that if I'd at least tried to save a bit more time for past paper questions and getting into a really good technique I could have done better.

Good luck. :h:

What did you get for your GCSE's?:P
Original post by hafsa473
What did you get for your GCSE's?:P

Uhhh, not what I should have, but still respectable grades. :erm:
Original post by flyingpanda
Uhhh, not what I should have, but still respectable grades. :erm:

As long as you passed its all good...did you pass? :s-smilie:
Reply 26
Original post by hals
thanks for the advice. the funny thing is i DID revise months before. then i forgot. so i trend WEEKS before. that has also failed. so now I'm trying DAYS (not out of choice)

What are you predicted for Maths?
Original post by hafsa473
As long as you passed its all good...did you pass? :s-smilie:

Yeah. :h:

I wouldn't label failing as being "respectable" anyway tho, lol.
Depends; if it's a lot of wordy stuff, then it's easier. I find that practice for stuff like Maths and such is pinnacle in the long run, but for Biology at GCSE you just need to know it all. Just reread it and memorize it C:
Original post by student.feed
I do this but I only do that as I find it difficult to remember if I revise maybe 2 weeks before :smile: It is all up to what's best for you :smile:

Thats pretty much me for all exams :frown:
Original post by hals

yh perfectly fine i used to revise the night before for most exams and little to no revision for the rest:smile: got a good spread of A*s,As and Bs for my GCSEs.
Reply 31
Original post by Jazzy_j_
you should be fine :smile: just make sure that you are doing effective revision, make sure to somehow fit in some past paper questions because they can help a lot. Also, make sure you don't overwork yourself though because then regardless of how much revision you have done you won't achieve your best! I'm sure you will be fine

thanks sm, this has made me feel a lot calmer. ever think of being a psychiatrist?
Reply 32
Original post by niv1234
Thats pretty much me for all exams :frown:

r u doing gcses rn?
Reply 33
Original post by dididid
yh perfectly fine i used to revise the night before for most exams and little to no revision for the rest:smile: got a good spread of A*s,As and Bs for my GCSEs.

WUH night before!? that only works for me when its something like english lit (ik that sounds weird but i revised for only 2 poems the night before and one of them came up so i used them both in the comparison. it was pure luck, otherwise id have been majorly screwed. PROOF GOD EXISTS!)

u DID get a pretty good spread, congrats on that. tbh I'm so glad ill be dropping most of these subjects at a level, most of it is pure bs
Original post by hals
thanks sm, this has made me feel a lot calmer. ever think of being a psychiatrist?

you're welcome! :smile: no I haven't thought of that, I think I've just heard enough people say that sort of thing to me when I'm stressing/panicking about my exams.:s-smilie: i'm also doing my GCSEs now so if you need any help with anything just let me know and I will try and help :wink:
Original post by hals
WUH night before!? that only works for me when its something like english lit (ik that sounds weird but i revised for only 2 poems the night before and one of them came up so i used them both in the comparison. it was pure luck, otherwise id have been majorly screwed. PROOF GOD EXISTS!)

u DID get a pretty good spread, congrats on that. tbh I'm so glad ill be dropping most of these subjects at a level, most of it is pure bs

haha lol congrats with english lit:smile:
happened to me with maths i did like 10 minutes of revision before the exam and whatever i had revised came up and i managed to got an A* lol :smile:.
Just don't do the same thing for a/as levels it won't work lol ( if you even do them that is , next year)
Original post by hals

Yess i did this and got all A*s... I wasn't on the student room two days before my exams though...
Reply 37
Original post by family'sfailure
Yess i did this and got all A*s... I wasn't on the student room two days before my exams though...

good thing my exam is in 4 days heh
I revised a day before for all my GCSE exams and got all As/A*s. It's not too bad since there isn't much content for GCSE from what I remember: A-levels is a very different story though.
Reply 39
It depends on how much you already know without having to revise, but I think it should be okay. :smile: Just make sure to really concentrate on it in these few days. I personally left it very late and revised for all my high school finals for one day per subject, and got my predicted grades for all of them which is good. So try not to worry. And good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest