WJEC AS ICT Exam 6th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OwenSallows
76 marks = 69 UMS
20 marks = 29 UMS
This equals 98 UMS
240 UMS is a C, which includes A2.
120 UMS would equal a C from AS
You need 33 marks to get the bare minimum of a C from this paper as you need an extra 22 UMS, which is 13 extra marks from your paper last year (20+13). I am pretty sure this is correct i could be wrong haha

how did you work this out?
Original post by Benteke1268
how did you work this out?

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/
For AS, IT1 and IT2 and A2 being IT3 and IT4, you can see the raw mark next to the UMS mark.
The UMS is out of 400, you have to work out the percentages shown on this webite:
https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/UniformMarkDocument.pdf shown on page 2, as page 1 is GCSE. You find out the UMS from each part of the course and then add it up. Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="OwenSallows;65473273"]https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/
For AS, IT1 and IT2 and A2 being IT3 and IT4, you can see the raw mark next to the UMS mark.
The UMS is out of 400, you have to work out the percentages shown on this webite:
https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/UniformMarkDocument.pdf shown on page 2, as page 1 is GCSE. You find out the UMS from each part of the course and then add it up. Hope this helps :smile:[/QUOTE

can you work out what mark i need in the exam to get an A overall. i have 69/80 in my coursework
[QUOTE="Benteke1268;65473409"]
Original post by OwenSallows

can you work out what mark i need in the exam to get an A overall. i have 69/80 in my coursework

69 marks = 57 UMS
An A would be 160 UMS
You need 103 UMS from the exam, which is 62 marks.
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="OwenSallows;65473505"]
Original post by Benteke1268

69 marks = 57 UMS
An A would be 160 UMS
You need 103 UMS from the exam, which is 62 marks.

bear in mind the exam boundaries vary year by year. coursework never seems to change though with full ums always being 80
What are the best options to go for in using ict in the home?
I use online gaming, online betting, online booking and music are these okay
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lemonandlime1
What are the best options to go for in using ict in the home?
I use online gaming, online betting, online booking and music

bad idea. online betting, online booking are all classed as 'illustrated use of the internet'

They will likely totally ignore one of them and you will lose four marks.

I use: Music downloads, Games on a device, Social networking and mobile phones.

They are all distinctly different with unique ads/disads.
Original post by PedanticStudent
bad idea. online betting, online booking are all classed as 'illustrated use of the internet'

They will likely totally ignore one of them and you will lose four marks.

I use: Music downloads, Games on a device, Social networking and mobile phones.

They are all distinctly different with unique ads/disads.

And if you're not sure on those, interactive TV and MP3 usage are pretty simple to understand!
Reply 268
For weather forecasting is this fine ;

For weather forecasting the models are created by collecting data such as large number of measurements such as pressure , temperature and humidity.All of these informations would be coming readings all around the world bith the help of sattelites and balloons. An advantage of this model is that it can produce a 6 day forecast in one hour which is really efficient. However , the disadvantage would be that large range forcasts can't be 100 percent accurate in predictions.
Reply 269
please say yes :frown:
Original post by AA923

For weather forecasting the models are created by collecting data such as large number of measurements such as pressure , temperature and humidity.All of these informations would be coming readings all around the world bith the help of sattelites and balloons. An advantage of this model is that it can produce a 6 day forecast in one hour which is really efficient. However , the disadvantage would be that large range forcasts can't be 100 percent accurate in predictions.

Yes i think so i remember seeing this info earlier
Original post by AA923

absolutely fine.
Reply 272
Original post by PedanticStudent
absolutely fine.

Pedantic student man , I really hope you do get that A in everyone who has worked hard all year :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 273
Am i the only person who is sitting this AS exam a year early (currently in year 11 doing GCSES)
Original post by AF28
Am i the only person who is sitting this AS exam a year early (currently in year 11 doing GCSES)

Have you done the GCSE?

Wish I did a level maths early.
Reply 275
Hi guys, I hope you don't mind my input.
I have some predictions of what will come up as the following topics haven't come up since the June 2011 paper. A new specification is being introduced next year, so WJEC should clear these topic areas up.

Topic 4- Data Error Types- Transcription, Transposition and Data Processing errors
Topic 5- Limitations of Data Processing Systems
Topic 8- LAN's and WAN's
Topic 9- HCI requirements
Topic 10- Health and Safety
Topic 11- Relational Databases and Flat-file systems
What are the features of a DTP?
why is ICT in the home crossed out in the theory notes
Original post by Rawr97
I have attached past papers from 2006 to 2008 if anyone requires them or are experiencing trouble finding them. Despite them being from the older course, they are still of some use as there are questions which are also in the current specifications which they have not yet asked in the 2009-2015 series of exam papers.

why is ICT in the home crossed out on theory notes
Reply 279
Original post by 15006032
why is ICT in the home crossed out in the theory notes

Are you talking about mine? I crossed out ICT Home personally because I've memorised an answer since 2015 (Creating music/composition,Mp3, games and social neworking); and database systems because its straight forward. Mark scheme for Home Entertainment is pretty self-explanatory anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending