The Student Room Group

Aqa comp1 2016

Scroll to see replies

yeah 4 bits,
I got 3 states for the FSM
Original post by frosts16

Last question was hard but I eventually got there by using two for loops and 4 if statements that checked if a flip was possible, then if they were appended the coordinates to an array and printed the array.

Exactly what i did, expect it didn't work xD
Marks for working though :biggrin:
What did everyone put for what the pseudo code does?
Original post by the_chosen_one97

Estimates the square root
Original post by KnightCode
Estimates the square root

Yes I put that - when you tested 4.1 in the pseudo code do you get 2.0999999 or something?
Overall nice exam

I put it square roots

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I put that - when you tested 4.1 in the pseudo code do you get 2.0999999 or something?

yeah

What did u guys get for the State Transition question? about how many states need to be added when the system accepts 5p
Original post by KnightCode
yeah

What did u guys get for the State Transition question? about how many states need to be added when the system accepts 5p

I got 5 states, since s5 s15 s25 s35 and s45

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put 2 because there was a few ways of getting to 40p, so an extra 2 5p states would reach the 50p - not 100% sure though
Estimates for grade boundaries??

I predict full marks for full UMS and -8 to -11 onwards for other grades
Reply 290
Original post by TercioOfParma
I got 5 states, since s5 s15 s25 s35 and s45

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also got 5 states, you didn't have to name the states tho. And I got square root for the algorithm.

Also, Score was a Gatherer, Row and Column were Stepper.

An algorithm is a description of a process that achieves a certain task. It is a step by step procedure for solving problems. It is independent of any programming language.

I reckon something like:
86 marks for an A
75 marks for a B
66 marks for a C etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
What was the last question folks? Anything as good as the FEN from last year?
Original post by ThisGuyThough
Estimates for grade boundaries??

I predict full marks for full UMS and -8 to -11 onwards for other grades

Did you get 5 states for the FSM question aswell? I got 16 bits for the sampling resolution aswell
Reply 293
Original post by marioman

FEN was horrible. The last question this year was decent.

You had to, after displaying the board, show a list of coordinates that the human player could type that would result in a flip of the opponents piece. I coded it all but it didn't work. I'll probably pick up about 7/10 for the attempt.
Did anyone just do the new spec exam?

Was hard hhah
Reply 295
Original post by Hassan Hassan
Did you get 5 states for the FSM question aswell? I got 16 bits for the sampling resolution aswell

The sampling resolution was 12 bits. 3 nibbles. 4 4 and 4.

What did everyone write for the two advantages of hamming code. I just wrote that it detects the error and corrects it without needing to request the data be resent.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UsmanM
The sampling resolution was 12 bits. 3 nibbles. 4 4 and 4.

yeah my bad you're right it was 12 bits. As fore the file size was it not The Hz x Sampling resolution x Seconds?
Reply 297
yeah my bad you're right it was 12 bits. As fore the file size was it not The Hz x Sampling resolution x Seconds?

Hz was 800 in the question but you had to use 1600 because of Nyquist's Thoerem. So it was 1600 x 12 x 20 (20 was the seconds) then you had to divide by 8 and you got 48 000 bytes

Section C that 4 mark question on what was wrong with that CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip.. What'd you guys say?
Original post by marioman

You had to show where the moves were that resulted in a piece being flipped. Way easier than FEN was, although I apparently got decent marks in FEN last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending