The Student Room Group

Why do girls get so stressy about exams?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
In my year all the girls are going crazy and having meltdowns about how they know nothing despite also going on about the "huge" amount of time they spend revising and claiming they're going to fail. Meanwhile the boys are completely apathetic towards exams and either know they'll do at least ok because they've put the work in or know they're going to fail because they've put no work in. Why exactly do girls need to make such a song and dance about it? Us boys realise exams really aren't a big deal and nothing to get stressed over.

If girl's brains were CPUs then they would be multi-threaded with like 6 or 8 cores running at a low speed... Whereas a man's brain is more single-threaded. Girls are good at doing loads of little things simultaneously whereas men's brains are better for doing one heavy task at a time, such as an exam.
Common sense.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
If girl's brains were CPUs then they would be multi-threaded with like 6 or 8 cores running at a low speed... Whereas a man's brain is more single-threaded. Girls are good at doing loads of little things simultaneously whereas men's brains are better for doing one heavy task at a time, such as an exam.

Lol! Nice analogy; I have my computer science exam tomorrow.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Lol! Nice analogy; I have my computer science exam tomorrow.

Remember: In Javascript, an object's scope depends on invocation, not declaration

That was once told to me by an old, Gandalf-sounding professor, I'll never forget his dry voice saying those words ever so slowly :biggrin:
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Remember: In Javascript, an object's scope depends on invocation, not declaration

That was once told to me by an old, Gandalf-sounding professor, I'll never forget his dry voice saying those words ever so slowly :biggrin:

Lol! I've yet to encounter a teacher whose words or voice can never escape me regardless of where I go and how old I am.
I program in python. Is Javascript more common?
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Lol! I've yet to encounter a teacher whose words or voice can never escape me regardless of where I go and how old I am.
I program in python. Is Javascript more common?

Errrrr. I couldn't tell you to be honest because they're used for different things. Javascript is mainly a web language both client-side and server-side whereas I know you can do server-side programming in Python though I've never tried it myself.

Outside of the web, python is still popular for component programming, embedded systems and other kinds of applications but I hear C# is growing in popularity and taking over some of the Python code in businesses. If you look for programming Jobs today, the most common language they ask for is probably C# on the .NET framework whereas my tutors tell me that 10 years ago (one of) the most common language was Python for getting a job, I hardly ever see programming jobs that ask for Python nowadays.

Javascript is still growing today though, which I like. I flipping love Node.JS which is what all the big modern sites are now built on like Youtube, Facebook and Netflix. People are always thinking of new and creative uses for Javascript, it runs the web. If you try turning off Javascript on your browser then half the websites you visit won't even load... it's very vital
I'm completely chill about my exams :dontknow:.
(edited 7 years ago)
I am a girl, and trust me i do get stressed in the exam but only because it is impossible not to be and also as far as i know boys stress a lot too :smile:
From my experience and studies done women TEND to show their emotions more vocally, While a man may not want to say to his friends Hey I am really struggling A woman may feel more confident in voicing their emotions
(This obviously does not mean all men or all women)

Quick Reply

Latest