The Student Room Group

Someone asked me out - help

Idk how to start
Basically this Christian boy in my school asked me out privately yesterday. I am 16 yr old girl in Year 11. But I knew a little bit that he liked me so I tried to move away from him cuz of my religion and as you can see that didn't work out...

Ermm I was a bit skeptical because he hangs out with friends that I dislike a lot.. they are just weird cuz they think they are the top and everyone finds it a bit cringe so ye. But the thing is that he's weird in a good way
I told him you're lying and he was like no why would I?
And then I asked 'You know what my religion thinks abt this?' and he said 'Yes.. idc'
Well, lets say I was a bit shocked in both a positive and negative way.
He asked for my number and I gave him telling him I would text him about my decision

Idk what to say to him
Ps. sorry about this format...my minds just over the place :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #1
Idk how to start
Basically this Christian boy in my school asked me out privately yesterday. I am 16 yr old girl in Year 11. But I knew a little bit that he liked me so I tried to move away from him cuz of my religion and as you can see that didn't work out...

Ermm I was a bit skeptical because he hangs out with friends that I dislike a lot.. they are just weird cuz they think they are the top and everyone finds it a bit cringe so ye. But the thing is that he's weird in a good way
I told him you're lying and he was like no why would I?
And then I asked 'You know what my religion thinks abt this?' and he said 'Yes.. idc'
Well, lets say I was a bit shocked in both a positive and negative way.
He asked for my number and I gave him telling him I would text him about my decision

Idk what to say to him
Ps. sorry about this format...my minds just over the place :frown:

Solution is for him to convert, n get married, isn’t it? So advice him to look into Islam 🤷*♂️ and don’t get played
Any knowledgable people reply cos I’m a layman
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Solution is for him to convert, n get married, isn’t it? So advice him to look into Islam 🤷*♂️ and don’t get played
Any knowledgable people reply cos I’m a layman

A nice on but he is soo devoted to his religion . Every time we are mock exams and he had a pocket bible to always return to the invigilator lol 😅
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #3
Shame on him any idea why he carries it

Think he just does it for fun which is weird but again what can I say?
Hes just spamming my chat which is aannoying
Think he just does it for fun which is weird but again what can I say?
Hes just spamming my chat which is aannoying

Well hope you get to persuade him. Good luck, and I just want to say young love is fun. Enjoy while it lasts 😃
Reply 5
I think that I will ignore him for a few days to see if he suddenly becomes uninterested. I hope that works and he doesn't find that rude..
U know maybe I should just enjoy my life now 😁. Thank you
I think that I will ignore him for a few days to see if he suddenly becomes uninterested. I hope that works and he doesn't find that rude..

Young love might be ‘fun’, but I would side with you with the ‘enjoying life’ bit, especially since it’s a more complicated situation. Also, if he really does like u and u explain the situation to him then he would at the minimum at least type in Islam into his web browser, ygm. I’m a boy n never had a girl in highskl n I don’t regret it cos I was doin other things e.g. football weekly. Ik ppl have girls n still do them things but the way I looked at things eventually imma get a girl/married anyway so might as well enjoy this time without one. Lmk wat u think
Reply 7
Sorry that I read this late. ye I get what u mean and do that. Cool
Reply 8
The thing is that I don't want anything like this to impact my life negatively its a big risk. And like u said i'd just find the right one and get married anyways
Reply 9

That is rude, plus saying you'll text him your decision. Why can't you just tell him you're not interested? Why did you give him your phone number in the first place?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 10

I'm sorry :frown:

I did realise that I wouldn't like it if it were me so I texted him to explained the situation to him

Someone told me that I should do that bcs apparently they might just be unserious about it

The thing is that I am interested and I do like him but I am someone who likes to look long-term wise so I am quite afraid what might happen in the future

I hope that clarifies something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending