The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3920
Original post by Onica
I haven't started revising it either. What questions did you do? I feel like I'll get a B in that paper. Need AAB for Warwick so need a B overall in psychology.

I did Relationships, gender and cog and development, Yeah i think ill be losing marks on the gender schema essay as i didnt really prepare for that but others were OK i guess. I need AAB for Manchester but want the A in psych wbu?
Reply 3921
Original post by TMC113
I think the wording in some questions 'including infidelity and/or jealousy' suggest it's technically 2 separate explanations, as otherwise, you wouldn't have the choice to ignore one. So I think that explanations regarding jealousy which refer to infidelity would do it

My teacher taught it as an explanation together. But oh well, as long as it makes sense that's all that matters, regardless if people spoke about it together or separate
Original post by Onica
I have two psychology teachers and one is so strict and the other is so lenient. I did an essay once, and the teacher that is strict gave me a low mark even though I explained two in detail showing breath and depth. She's so strict it's unreal! She nit picks little things but I don't think examiners check every detail as they have so many to mark. However, my other teacher is lenient. I did a similar question and only included one explanation and got high marks. It really confused me with their markings as I didn't know who to believe. Are examiners that strict with marking?

Hey, that's the exact same thing for me however, my strict teacher said that she marks us really harsh so that we work harder. It depends on the examiner but it won't be ridiculously strict.
Original post by saran12
For biological explanations for AN i talked about neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine and also talked about neural mechanisms saying LH and VMH damage can cause excessive hunger and people dont eat etc causing AN. Does neural mechanisms count as an biological explanation? ?

Yes it does, as long it's linked to AN :smile:
Reply 3924
Original post by Anam
I did Relationships, gender and cog and development, Yeah i think ill be losing marks on the gender schema essay as i didnt really prepare for that but others were OK i guess. I need AAB for Manchester but want the A in psych wbu?

I did aggression, eating behaviours and intelligence. I need AAB for Warwick, but feel like that I'll end up with A* BB- the A* in History, B inPsychology and B in Sociology. But hopefully they're lenient with the grades this year
image.pngSee this paper from January 2013. In my opinion, considering it was a full 24 mark question, this suggests that jealousy and infidelity are two separate explanations. (Lol excuse my use of 'this suggests'... Force of habit after that exam)
Reply 3926
Original post by fabruttledge
image.pngSee this paper from January 2013. In my opinion, considering it was a full 24 mark question, this suggests that jealousy and infidelity are two separate explanations. (Lol excuse my use of 'this suggests'... Force of habit after that exam)

Well yeah it does state that. I mean I was taught it together and felt it made sense together. It's just that it would be really hard to explain it separately. But I guess it could be explained separate
Anyone doing Anomalistic for psya4? Do u know if Saj is doing predictions for this?
Will you lose marks for writing more A01 say it's 4 marks but you write 8 marks worth of A01 to ensure you have enough evaluation?
Hypothetically say you get over 80 UMS in unit 3 and over 90 UMS or 100 UMS in unit 4 can you you still get an A* even if you got a B at AS?
Original post by Can't think name
Anyone doing Anomalistic for psya4? Do u know if Saj is doing predictions for this?

You can't really "predict" anomalistic questions since its mostly application marks
Reply 3931
Original post by fabruttledge
No you're wrong, because infidelity and jealousy are two separate explanations for aggression in humans, whilst sports and warfare are two different explanations for group display.

Group displays are evolutionary explanations of human aggression. You should've talked about jealousy and infidelity or sports and warfare but you had to do more than one. There was a markscheme in JAN11 with the the exact same question and they credited both approaches.
Reply 3932
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Hypothetically say you get over 80 UMS in unit 3 and over 90 UMS or 100 UMS in unit 4 can you you still get an A* even if you got a B at AS?

Yes but if you got 80 UMS in unit 3 you'd have to get 100 UMS on unit 4 - you need an average of 90 UMS across the papers...
Reply 3933
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Will you lose marks for writing more A01 say it's 4 marks but you write 8 marks worth of A01 to ensure you have enough evaluation?

And no. I wrote my essay as I would if it was 24 marks so I could link the evaluation in.
What if you got the ao1 wrong but your evaluation is really good? For the evolutionary one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3935
Original post by violetvictorious
What if you got the ao1 wrong but your evaluation is really good? For the evolutionary one

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd still get marks- what did you put for A01? May detract clarity of the answer...
Original post by A-LJLB
How there is so much debate over explanationS is unreal...

Guys, Infidelity and jealousy are two explanations. Therefore you needed both if you picked that topic. You did not need group display as well.

Exactly what I was thinking lol
Infidelity and jealousy are two so don't know why people are fighting 🙄
Would sports and warfare be counted as two separate explanations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are people arguing? Infidelity and jealousy are two different explanations because normally when they ask a question for it they say infidelity and/OR jealousy showing you could in theory actually write one without the other....

Anyways
We got unit 4 coming up let's help each other and forget about unit 3
Original post by NHM
You'd still get marks- what did you put for A01? May detract clarity of the answer...

Ran out of time and didn't get to mention jealousy and infidelity... Because I left that question last

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending