The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My thread I posted in the Mental Health forum didn't appear. I spent ages typing it as well. Is it there or do I need to write it all over again.

I'll give it a look now for you :smile:
I feel so broken and I don't know what to do :frown: I hate myself so much.
I still feel like crap but my day went okay - good exam and got my new glasses today :lol:
Original post by Deyesy
I'll give it a look now for you :smile:

I got a message saying it had been approved but I'm being told it's an invalid attachment.
I still feel like crap but my day went okay - good exam and got my new glasses today :lol:

New glasses are the best. :cool:

:hugs:
Original post by FireFreezer77
No worries!
Ah well im sorry to hear that! How long before you can move out?
I really wish things could improve for you!

Spoiler

A while :redface:
Thank you me too lol

Spoiler

----------------
It is so hard to hide everything, wish i could be honest with ppl but that is impossible and wish everyone would stop asking me stupid questions and being suspicious :/
~Anon 1
Original post by Airmed
New glasses are the best. :cool:

Yes they are :ahee: I look more geeky than ever :woo: :lol:

Yes they are :ahee: I look more geeky than ever :woo: :lol:

I think I look like a weirdo without glasses now. I also think glasses make my makeup look better when I occasionally wear makeup. :u:

Original post by Spock's Socks
Has anyone ever been referred to a psychologist? As you know I've been referred to a psychologist instead of another CBT therapist after everything that happened with the last therapist and I'm just unsure of what to expect when seeing a psychologist. Will I be likely to get more CBT/ERP therapy or will it be more of a talking based approach? I should have asked the GP this yesterday but my mind goes blank when I am in front of someone in authority like a doctor :colondollar:

I confess to not entirely knowing the ins and outs of the differences but I think clinical psychologists have far more training and have had to conduct research and literature reviews as part of their clinical doctorate. I assume (though this is me guessing things) that they have more experience of working with people with severe/long-standing mental health issues. Whereas therapists train to a lesser extent? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
I think I look like a weirdo without glasses now. I also think glasses make my makeup look better when I occasionally wear makeup. :u:

Lucky! I can't stand make up and I loom horrible without it anyway so its a lose lose situation :rofl: I look weird with glasses as I only started wearing them all the time a few weeks ago :/
Lucky! I can't stand make up and I loom horrible without it anyway so its a lose lose situation :rofl: I look weird with glasses as I only started wearing them all the time a few weeks ago :/

I had to wear glasses all the time about six months after I first got them and I thought I looked weird too but you get used to it. I think I look weird now without them. :laugh:
Has anyone ever been referred to a psychologist? As you know I've been referred to a psychologist instead of another CBT therapist after everything that happened with the last therapist and I'm just unsure of what to expect when seeing a psychologist. Will I be likely to get more CBT/ERP therapy or will it be more of a talking based approach? I should have asked the GP this yesterday but my mind goes blank when I am in front of someone in authority like a doctor :colondollar:

I had a psychologist for my schizoaffective disorder and she was lovely. In the end we just didn't really gel and she didn't help me look at the things in my past which I would have found helpful so in the end I stopped seeing her. We didn't do CBT or anything it was more like looking at things I had trouble with that week.
Original post by Airmed
I had to wear glasses all the time about six months after I first got them and I thought I looked weird too but you get used to it. I think I look weird now without them. :laugh:

I'm beginning to get used to them now - apparently I look a lot more smarter now :smug: :ahee: When did you first get them?
I'm beginning to get used to them now - apparently I look a lot more smarter now :smug: :ahee: When did you first get them?

Smart people wear glasses. :u: 3 years ago, end of my GCSEs
Really been struggling today mainly with BDD and panic attacks which sucks as yesterday I had a great day both in terms of fun and also with minimal symptoms from everything but today its all came back full force :frown:

Just want to chill out or sleep but my brain feels like it's going 100mph.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
Smart people wear glasses. :u:

Absolutely. :biggrin:

I'm the only person in my summer class of 24 that wears proper glasses. One girl wears these huge black ones but only for fashion's sake. :/ I don't know how many have contacts but it seems to be a lot more common for people here to wear contacts over glasses. Personally I hate contacts. :yucky:

I have reactions lenses which are great - I don't need to bring a separate pair of sun glasses with me. :cool:
Original post by Sabertooth
Absolutely. :biggrin:

I'm the only person in my summer class of 24 that wears proper glasses. One girl wears these huge black ones but only for fashion's sake. :/ I don't know how many have contacts but it seems to be a lot more common for people here to wear contacts over glasses. Personally I hate contacts. :yucky:

I have reactions lenses which are great - I don't need to bring a separate pair of sun glasses with me. :cool:

I can't wear contacts, I can't put anything near my eyes like that, makes them water like mad. :colondollar:

I want reaction lenses but they are so expensive here. :cry:
Original post by Airmed
I can't wear contacts, I can't put anything near my eyes like that, makes them water like mad. :colondollar:

I want reaction lenses but they are so expensive here. :cry:

I'm the same. Although I wouldn't wear them even if I could - I value my sight more than not wearing glasses - the number of infections etc you can get from incorrect contact use is just not worth it to me.

Really? I think I paid $40 or thereabouts on top of the normal lens cost here, it was very reasonable. They're also great in the winter if you live somewhere with a lot of snow as the snow reflects so much sunlight. I would definitely recommend.
Really been struggling today mainly with BDD and panic attacks which sucks as yesterday I had a great day both in terms of fun and also with minimal symptoms from everything but today its all came back full force :frown:

Just want to chill out or sleep but my brain feels like it's going 100mph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the risk of sounding like the crisis team......could you try taking a hot bath or shower or maybe a cup of tea to try and relax you? (or whatever works best for you?)

Sorry to hear you've been struggling so much today, it's annoying when you have a great day then a *****y one, the contrast seems to make everything so much worse.
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm the same. Although I wouldn't wear them even if I could - I value my sight more than not wearing glasses - the number of infections etc you can get from incorrect contact use is just not worth it to me.

Really? I think I paid $40 or thereabouts on top of the normal lens cost here, it was very reasonable. They're also great in the winter if you live somewhere with a lot of snow as the snow reflects so much sunlight. I would definitely recommend.

Yeah, there is that too.

Pretty sure they are! I think when I ordered my last pair of glasses they were looking for around £60+ for them. But I would like to have them one day.

Latest