The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NHM
I'm finding it difficult to revise for media...

So am i do you know if we learn 12 markers for each possible question or 24? In loopa theres 11 essays to learn but hes put enough content for 24 marks ?
Reply 4421
Original post by m1gg1n
So am i do you know if we learn 12 markers for each possible question or 24? In loopa theres 11 essays to learn but hes put enough content for 24 marks ?

For media there is normally 3/4 questions they'll go something like:
Q1 (10 marks) it'll normally be on a model (hovland or ELM) or persuasion
Q2 4 marks A01 + 6 marks A02
Q3 4 marks A01

I've never seen a question bigger than 10 marks..
Does anyone have a good resource for research methods?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NHM
For media there is normally 3/4 questions they'll go something like:
Q1 (10 marks) it'll normally be on a model (hovland or ELM) or persuasion
Q2 4 marks A01 + 6 marks A02
Q3 4 marks A01

I've never seen a question bigger than 10 marks..

Thankyou so i just need to learn 10 mark essays with 4 marks of a01 and 6 a02?
How is everyone revising for the approaches to gambling/smoking (addicition)

Like say the cognitive approach to gambling, I learned the 3 stages

are you guys learning A02 points specific to each one e.g. Initiation, Maintenance, If i did this it would take forever I'd have to learn like 27 A02 points in total?
Reply 4425

Discuss one or more explanations of media influence on pro-social behaviour (4+6 marks)

Model answer here if anyone wants it... this topic is quiet easy!
Original post by NHM

Discuss one or more explanations of media influence on pro-social behaviour (4+6 marks)

Model answer here if anyone wants it... this topic is quiet easy!

it is but how do we answer application questions?
How are you guys revising research methods?
That is exactly what I am struggling to decide!! I just started revision for it today and finished learning the cognitive of both gambling and addiction but it's not even sticking in oroperly so I don't know how I am supposed to swarm 18 of those with AO1 and AO2.

I honestly just feeling like skipping the whole of addiction and focusing on Sz and Research methods.

When did you start revision for paper 4 and how much have you prepared so far?? I'm beginning to think my changes of getting C is very little now.. T_T.
For media how many ao1 points is everyone learning? Four marks because of the 4+6 markers or more because of the implementation essays. Also if you are learning more than 4 ao1 marks how many are you learning and in a 10 mark implementation how many marks count for implementation and how many count from ao1 marks
Has paradigm shifts or Poppers and Kuhn ever came up in a research methods question, i havent come across it
Reply 4431
Original post by yung7up
Has paradigm shifts or Poppers and Kuhn ever came up in a research methods question, i havent come across it

What the hell is that?
Original post by notafail
How are you guys revising research methods?

Revise it
Do questions
Find weakness
Revise that
Repeat
Original post by NHM
What the hell is that?

Exactly lol
Reply 4434
Clinical characteristics of schizophrenia can only come up as a 4 marker right? I mean if the section is split
Original post by babitajades
That is exactly what I am struggling to decide!! I just started revision for it today and finished learning the cognitive of both gambling and addiction but it's not even sticking in oroperly so I don't know how I am supposed to swarm 18 of those with AO1 and AO2.

I honestly just feeling like skipping the whole of addiction and focusing on Sz and Research methods.

When did you start revision for paper 4 and how much have you prepared so far?? I'm beginning to think my changes of getting C is very little now.. T_T.

in exactly the same boat, pray for us:frown:

that's a shout though, what happens if you miss the whole section on addiction?
Reply 4436
Does anyone know how many studies we should aim for the media section for 12 marks?
Reply 4437
Original post by Onica
Clinical characteristics of schizophrenia can only come up as a 4 marker right? I mean if the section is split

I think so.
Reply 4438
Original post by Onica
Does anyone know how many studies we should aim for the media section for 12 marks?

Media doesn't have 12 mark questions, 10 max I've been putting around 3/4 in for a 10 marker...
to those saying to do past papers for research methods... i don't actually have the capability to answer the questions😂😳 so anyone got any resources or?

Latest

Trending

Trending