The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ngl my arousal levels are quite high knowing that I have like 3 days to cover everything!, I do like a challenge but this may be a step too far haha,

Anyway for public health interventions (addiction) could they ask us e.g.

Outline ONE public health intervention and evaluate it (4+6), I feel this would be harsh as they isnt enough evaluation on just one in like 2 textbooks that I have? any ideas.
Original post by babitajades
Hey? What document are you referring to? 🤔
I'm starting my research methods revision today- do you think I'll be able to finish it in a day? ^.^

Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/050vv14ktr0djck/Psychology%20Revision%20-%20Research%20Methods%20Topic.pdf?dl=1

Depends on how many notes you take. It's only 15 pages. But I take a lot of notes, took me about a day and a half, so maybe 6 hours in total (if I don't count breaks)? It's not too bad. Go cram! :biggrin:

Original post by theasian_csl
a hysterical crying session AHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!! was aiming for an A, now aiming for a B :frown:

Beginning of year: I'M AIMING FOR AN A* WE GON' GET THIS CHIT
Mid-year: Well maybe an A is more realistic
Towards exams: F*ck this man, maybe a B or C!
On exam day: Lmao what is my life, E grade here I come! I hope Kingston University accepts me at least...
Original post by SunDun111
Ngl my arousal levels are quite high knowing that I have like 3 days to cover everything!, I do like a challenge but this may be a step too far haha,

wut

pretty sure there was no pr0n in the media booklet
Original post by wickedisgood
When doing a question on the issues surrounding classification and diagnosis of SZ, do you still need to describe what SZ is and go through the DSM and the ICD and stuff? Also could they give you a full question based on just the diagnostic criteria?

1) You don't need to describe Sz, but you should define reliability and validity in the context of classifying/diagnosing Sz.
Original post by SunDun111

Anyway for public health interventions (addiction) could they ask us e.g.

Outline ONE public health intervention and evaluate it (4+6), I feel this would be harsh as they isnt enough evaluation on just one in like 2 textbooks that I have? any ideas.

Yeah that seems a bit harsh. There wouldn't be enough evaluation.In Jan 2013 they had this question but allowed you to generally outline public health interventions. Loopa predicts it may come up this year.
Hey guys I have a really important question for which ever psychopathology topic you're doing are you learning evolutionary explanations for it? It's not in the specification but it's been put in the textbook so I don't know whether to learn it or not? I took a screenshot of the specification ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465641026.111764.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by кяя
Beginning of year: I'M AIMING FOR AN A* WE GON' GET THIS CHIT
Mid-year: Well maybe an A is more realistic
Towards exams: F*ck this man, maybe a B or C!
On exam day: Lmao what is my life, E grade here I come! I hope Kingston University accepts me at least...

looool literally me
Original post by кяя
Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/050vv14ktr0djck/Psychology%20Revision%20-%20Research%20Methods%20Topic.pdf?dl=1

Depends on how many notes you take. It's only 15 pages. But I take a lot of notes, took me about a day and a half, so maybe 6 hours in total (if I don't count breaks)? It's not too bad. Go cram! :biggrin:

Thank you so much!!
Is anyone else basically starting their unit 4 revision now?
Original post by BethM98

Yes 😭😭.. What topics you doing?
Original post by BethM98

I'd say 80% of people are including me..
Original post by Marla123

I am too!
Original post by Marla123

hahaha :h: I'm doing schizophrenia which is okay as there's not ridiculous amounts of ground to cover compared to the other topic I'm doing which is addiction, which I really don't like :frown:
Which ones are you doing?
:s-smilie: Sorry to ask a question back on PSYA3 when everyone is revising for PSYA4, but to anyone who did the questions on Aggression - on the 4 marker on social learning theories for aggression, I described Bandura's theory - but I TOTALLY forgot Bandura's name until they were taking the paper away from me when it suddenly dawned on me and I watched my paper being taken away from me in a horrific slow motion moment of sadness.... would I still have managed to get marks (even potentially full marks?) despite missing his name, if I described the theory correctly and just said 'A psychologist'???
Original post by polkadotapples
:s-smilie: Sorry to ask a question back on PSYA3 when everyone is revising for PSYA4, but to anyone who did the questions on Aggression - on the 4 marker on social learning theories for aggression, I described Bandura's theory - but I TOTALLY forgot Bandura's name until they were taking the paper away from me when it suddenly dawned on me and I watched my paper being taken away from me in a horrific slow motion moment of sadness.... would I still have managed to get marks (even potentially full marks?) despite missing his name, if I described the theory correctly and just said 'A psychologist'???

you don't need to mention any psychologists names in PSYA3 or PSYA4 to get full marks , you can just call them 'a psychologist' or 'a researcher'

can't see why it would be an issue.
I believe it'll be fine :smile:
Reply 4556
Original post by babitajades
I think 2 would be enough as its a case of depth or breadth. I've included all 3 but my eval points for each are very little. So up to you! In my opinion there's much more eval points for Dysfunctional families than Psychodynamic explanation.

How many evaluation points do you roughly have if you don't mind me asking. It's just so I can get an idea whether I need to include another explanation.

I'm thinking of just talking about cognitive and for dysfunctional families I have expressed emotion and double bind.
Reply 4557
What questions do you think will come up for schizophrenia? Any prediction as anyone??

Yeah I didn't mention Bandura either but because I didn't think it was necessary, I just wrote 4 AO1 marks about his theory, the name wouldn't get you any more/less marks. Seriously if your biggest worry is the 4 mark question you're absolutely fine bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onica
What questions do you think will come up for schizophrenia? Any prediction as anyone??

issues surrounding the classification is overdue so may be that

Latest

Trending

Trending