The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

does replicability ensure the reliability or validity of your data; or both?

PLEASE HELP ME!:smile:))
Reply 4821
!!!!
Has anyone got a big resources pack on research methods with just loads of questions that cove pretty much anything? If so please please please let me know asap
Original post by cmcl
!!!!
Has anyone got a big resources pack on research methods with just loads of questions that cove pretty much anything? If so please please please let me know asap

My friend use simply psychology for research methods!!!! They have everything :smile:)
guys ... I need help in the statistical test.

Is there an easy way to identify what test to use?
Also, how are you revising for research methods.

All the info is just flying out of my head :frown:
Original post by Jennie4444
My friend use simply psychology for research methods!!!! They have everything :smile:)

Thank you!
Original post by Jennie4444
does replicability ensure the reliability or validity of your data; or both?

PLEASE HELP ME!:smile:))

Well, if a test is reliable then if it is replicated then it would get similar results...(If that is what you are asking)
can anyone answer me this?
For psychological explanations of schizophrenia do we have to do behavioural,psychodynamic, cognitive and socio-cultural factors or do we just pick 2 to talk about?
Thanks in advance:smile:
Original post by lucywedgbrow
can anyone answer me this?
For psychological explanations of schizophrenia do we have to do behavioural,psychodynamic, cognitive and socio-cultural factors or do we just pick 2 to talk about?
Thanks in advance:smile:

You could do two but do them in serious depth or so all four of you aren't going to go into serious depth. That's what I've been told. It's BEST to go into depth though for sure. So do two in serious depth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aimsnaywux
You could do two but do them in serious depth or so all four of you aren't going to go into serious depth. That's what I've been told. It's BEST to go into depth though for sure. So do two in serious depth

Okay thank you, very helpful!
Reply 4829
Original post by skytrenfield
Can anyone explain Chi-square to me please??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd use it with nominal data and a independent groups design. Doesn't really need to be explained.
didn't go to sleep until 9am this morning and am rather hungover.

exam is on tuesday, right? any life-saving tips?🙃🙃🙃🙃
Original post by loveleest
guys ... I need help in the statistical test.

Is there an easy way to identify what test to use?
Also, how are you revising for research methods.

All the info is just flying out of my head :frown:

Chi squared = nominal data and independent groups.
Spear mans rho = at least ordinal data and relationships
Mann Whitney = at least ordinal, differences, independent groups
Wilcoxon = at least ordinal, differences, repeated measures.

I managed to condense RM's to an A3 page , so there's not actually that much, you'll probably remember it all in the exam 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_w
Chi squared = nominal data and independent groups.
Spear mans rho = at least ordinal data and relationships
Mann Whitney = at least ordinal, differences, independent groups
Wilcoxon = at least ordinal, differences, repeated measures.

I managed to condense RM's to an A3 page , so there's not actually that much, you'll probably remember it all in the exam 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

would you take a picture and post it on here? would be SO helpful:redface:
Original post by evekay
would you take a picture and post it on here? would be SO helpful:redface:

I'll try but TSR doesn't seem to like me uploading photos

Posted from TSR Mobile
For MEDIA when it asks about research into intense fandom, what does that mean? Do you include research for CAS and stalking??

Also what is celebrity worship? We've only been taught attraction of celebrities (evolutionary and social psychological theory) and stalking (attachment theory and cyber stalking).
Help please!
Original post by Elle_w
I'll try but TSR doesn't seem to like me uploading photos

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!!! if not maybe you could try and pm me?:smile:
I have read in numerous mark schemes about 'modes of action' for treatments (e.g. for addiction) however what is this and how can it be related to drugs/treatment?
Reply 4837
Original post by Cakey_101
For MEDIA when it asks about research into intense fandom, what does that mean? Do you include research for CAS and stalking??

Also what is celebrity worship? We've only been taught attraction of celebrities (evolutionary and social psychological theory) and stalking (attachment theory and cyber stalking).
Help please!

You can use the absorption addiction model and stalking stuff?
hi does anyone have a model essay on classification and diagnosis on ocd please
Original post by Cakey_101

Help please!

Celebrity worship is A01 for intense fandom. Research into intense fandom would be a study to support. AO2. For me its Maltby study.

Latest

Trending

Trending