The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 4B Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Do we need to be able to do any statistical tests, like Spearman's rank and Chi-squared?
Would anyone be able to send me that powerpoint on fracking?
Original post by AllenJoseph
Would anyone be able to send me that powerpoint on fracking?

Me too
Original post by bookcase101
Me too

me three please! aha
Original post by Mullhouse
Do we need to be able to do any statistical tests, like Spearman's rank and Chi-squared?

It's likely to be Chi-squared according to my teacher, so I would definitely revise that :smile:
Original post by gabyjackson4
It's likely to be Chi-squared according to my teacher, so I would definitely revise that :smile:

I've never done the Chi-squared test before...in what ways could they relate it to fracking?
Really stuck as what to revise... I'm currently going over types of energy production in the UK, UK energy situation (reliance on imports etc) renewables, US fracking and just looking over my booklet and map..
Is there anything else I need to cover?
Reply 127
Original post by Elizabeth_rose14
Really stuck as what to revise... I'm currently going over types of energy production in the UK, UK energy situation (reliance on imports etc) renewables, US fracking and just looking over my booklet and map..
Is there anything else I need to cover?

Maybe some research on the advantages and disadvantages of fracking - this is what our teacher thinks will come up :smile:
Original post by Atomicmat
I've never done the Chi-squared test before...in what ways could they relate it to fracking?

or mann whitney u
Original post by Sacred Ground
Yeah mate ill PM you later when I have access to my computer

Please could you send me the powerpoint too, Thank you :smile:
Original post by Han_L
Maybe some research on the advantages and disadvantages of fracking - this is what our teacher thinks will come up :smile:

would this be answered based on the USA experience or do we need evidence from the UK?
Original post by Sacred Ground
Last one haha

can I be the last one lol?
Original post by jessjkc
or mann whitney u

yh I am ****ed if they come up, I was banking on them not to come up on the unit 3 test and I got lucky
Reply 133
Original post by tcameron
would this be answered based on the USA experience or do we need evidence from the UK?

Our teacher thinks it could come up as something such as 'do the advantages of fracking outweigh its disadvantages' or something along those lines (obvs this is just a guess). So we've looked at the USA's experience of cheaper gas prices etc along with potential benefits specific to the UK, for example increased energy security (not so reliant on imports) along with the prospect of jobs and increased Tax revenue :smile:
Original post by Han_L
Our teacher thinks it could come up as something such as 'do the advantages of fracking outweigh its disadvantages' or something along those lines (obvs this is just a guess). So we've looked at the USA's experience of cheaper gas prices etc along with potential benefits specific to the UK, for example increased energy security (not so reliant on imports) along with the prospect of jobs and increased Tax revenue :smile:

Thanks yeah we did we same since there isn't much evidence from the UK itself
Original post by IhateAlevels123
Please could you send me the powerpoint too, Thank you :smile:

Me too if you get the chance please :smile:
Original post by Lauren.97
Me too if you get the chance please :smile:

same here <3
This fieldwork section is really stressing me out, I have no idea what they want :s-smilie:
So my college started going through this paper on friday and ive only just discovered theres a fieldwork section what on earth are you suppose to do for that???
Hi,
I'm receiving countless messages about sending out the PowerPoint, I initially promised to send it to one person - this then extended to around 7 people. However, I can't give it to everyone because I need to look out for myself here. Sorry! I'll be happy to help with any questions though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending