The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oiseaux
Do you actually need to know hard sell/soft sell? All the persuasiveness questions I've seen have ELM or Hovland Yale in the mark scheme.

They just alternatives plus its pretty much ELM i.e. central and heuristic processing
Original post by yung7up
They just alternatives plus its pretty much ELM i.e. central and heuristic processing

Less for me to cram then :redface:

I feel like they might repeat some of the questions from the 2015 non-replacement paper... :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy
Original post by Oiseaux
Less for me to cram then :redface:

I feel like they might repeat some of the questions from the 2015 non-replacement paper... :frown:

I hope not
Reply 5704
Original post by Romanoff
Wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy

I don't feel like no p diddy more like 2007 Britney Spears😂
When giving research support for risk factors of addiction e.g. Age, Peers etc can we use ethical issues as AO2?
Define the following:

Internal Reliability - consistency of a measure within a test (split - half What is this)
External Reliability - consistency of replicability (similarity of the findings) of test (Test-retest)

Internal Validity - measures what its supposed to measure (face/content/construct validity. What is Construct Validity? How can it relate to the theory?)
External validity - extent to which test can be applied to different settings. different environments (ecological), different people (population) and everyday life (mundane realism), also historical validty (applied to past), predictive validity (future). HOW do you test for external validity?
For design a study will you need to draw a graph for quantitative data?
Reply 5708
Original post by Ladymusiclover
For design a study will you need to draw a graph for quantitative data?

Depends- last time that came up was 2011..
Original post by NHM
Depends- last time that came up was 2011..

Okay thank you.! PRSOM
what is construct and concurrent validity and do i need to know these definitions? anyone??
Reply 5711
Original post by ellawhite4686
what is construct and concurrent validity and do i need to know these definitions? anyone??

Lmao what even
Original post by ellawhite4686

construct - extent to which findings can be applied the theory behind the construct
concurrent - extent to which findings are correlate with other current similar assessments. e.g. find happiness of child using questionairre. feedback from teachers gives us concurrent validity as if it correlates to what questionairre says then it is valid
Original post by TrojanH
Define the following:

Internal Reliability - consistency of a measure within a test (split - half What is this)
External Reliability - consistency of replicability (similarity of the findings) of test (Test-retest)

Internal Validity - measures what its supposed to measure (face/content/construct validity. What is Construct Validity? How can it relate to the theory?)
External validity - extent to which test can be applied to different settings. different environments (ecological), different people (population) and everyday life (mundane realism), also historical validty (applied to past), predictive validity (future). HOW do you test for external validity?

What's split half and how do you test for ext validity pls?
Original post by Marli-Ruth

External validity is how much a study applies to the outside world. You can test for external validity by probably repeating the study using a larger sample size, using a task which has more mundane realism and a sample which includes different cultures/backgrounds/genders etc.

AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, PROBABLY WONT BE BACK ON TSR UNTIL EXAM IS OVERRRRR
Original post by Marli-Ruth

Split half is when you take first half of the questions and compare them with the results from the second half of the questionnaire and if they significantly positively correlate, then there's high internal reliability
External reliability can be checked by replicability so repeating the experiment with different participants and also can be checked by meta analysis of previous studies to see how well it can relate to people of diff cultures and diff types of people
Not confident for this exam at all. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone!! see youse on the other side
Reply 5718
Original post by yasx_
if psychological explanations of sz comes up tomorrow and all i write about is the psychodynamic approach, life events, double bind theory and expressed emotions is that enough? Or should i include labelling theory. I just did an essay and i don't know if i'm bothered to include labelling theory lol my hand is tired

i just need a yes or no please idk
Original post by yasx_
i just need a yes or no please idk

Thats loads I think thats enough i'm only including 3 explanations

Latest

Trending

Trending