The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasx_
That's what I thought!!! But everyone else's seems to have done it for the anxiety programme. I am so confused. If we're wrong that's two easy marks gone :frown:

Please say we are right!!
Original post by TrojanH
you're failure to revise effectively 'messed up chances of an A'

I revised everything except for psychological explanations of depression actually, so it wasn't all a failure- I can just pray my other sections compensate!
I asked my friends if what I wrote was correct I have included valid points but not in as much depth as if I had revised it!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BethM98
tbh I found there wasn't a lot of research for either, particularly media though! I think I might have made up a study hahaha, I wrote about role models too and also for gambling if he saw adverts on tv because it said he watches lots of tv too

my brain went dead! and yeah, studies popped into my head but i couldn't link it to the media... it sucks so hard it was 10 marks tho, think i got like 3/4 maximum hahaha:frown: was hoping for factors affecting addiction!!
I know these pictures are really blurry but my camera kinda sucks, just message me or reply if you need and I can type the question out but here are the questions on the paper as I have seen many asking for them. :smile: PS ignore my random scribbles around it.

http://imgur.com/a/rX0Ev
Original post by Cherrysweetlips
I revised everything except for psychological explanations of depression actually, so it wasn't all a failure- I can just pray my other sections compensate!
I asked my friends if what I wrote was correct I have included valid points but not in as much depth as if I had revised it!

revising predictions alone is like throwing dice up in the air and saying whatever number you get correlates to some exam essay you predict.

it doesnt make sense
can anyone list all the research method questions. i just want to see an estimate of how many marks i gained.
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
my brain went dead! and yeah, studies popped into my head but i couldn't link it to the media... it sucks so hard it was 10 marks tho, think i got like 3/4 maximum hahaha:frown: was hoping for factors affecting addiction!!

exactly I hardly thought there was enough to say about media for 10 marks :frown: omg me too I had revised that well!
Original post by SunDun111
For the directional hypothesis waasn't it just talking about the questonaires, I wrote people who are 16 will have higher anxiety scores from the questionsiares than the 15 year olds?

The sample included both sexes aged 15-16 year olds you're right. But there was nothing about age affecting anxiety. The study was focused on anxiety scores before the 6 week programme and after, therefore your answer might be incorrect! I wouldn't worry at all though, it's only a 2 mark and won't effect your grade much :smile:
Original post by BethM98
exactly I hardly thought there was enough to say about media for 10 marks :frown: omg me too I had revised that well!

oh well :frown: hoping the other sections we have picked up marks haha! i was gutted when there was no factors!!
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
oh well :frown: hoping the other sections we have picked up marks haha! i was gutted when there was no factors!!

yeah I hope so :smile: I really kinda need a good score on this paper as unit 3 was a complete disaster!!!!
Original post by Jadejadejade16
The sample included both sexes aged 15-16 year olds you're right. But there was nothing about age affecting anxiety. The study was focused on anxiety scores before the 6 week programme and after, therefore your answer might be incorrect! I wouldn't worry at all though, it's only a 2 mark and won't effect your grade much :smile:

I guess so
was they a question about why it was useful to do a small scaled investigation? If so I put that it is to test the questions on anxiety to see if they work and to test how long the treatement will be for? Would that be ok
Original post by BethM98
yeah I hope so :smile: I really kinda need a good score on this paper as unit 3 was a complete disaster!!!!

same! :smile: and oo what topics did you do for unit 3? why was it a disaster?:eek:
I put spearman rho for the stats test but would I still get marks for putting independent groups and ordinal data ?
Reply 6053
Please say we are right!!

I just read your post properly lol I didn't talk about age affecting the score but I said that those with higher score will have higher levels of anxiety - it's quite similar to yours but I still think I'm wrong :frown: oh well we can only hope for the best
Original post by Onica
What did people put for evolutionary explanations for media and pro-social apply question??

I put neophillia for evolutionary explanations, and exposure to pro social behaviour, tiny bit on bandura SLT, parental mediation and developmental factors for the pro social apply question but I don't think I applied it well. Hated media to be honest, and think I did pretty badly in research methods.. yay.
Reply 6055
For my bar chart I didn't understand how to put on both sets of data so I missed out the ranges but I did label the axis etc and give it a title. Will I lose 4 marks because I didn't include the range? Thanks
Reply 6056
I guess so
was they a question about why it was useful to do a small scaled investigation? If so I put that it is to test the questions on anxiety to see if they work and to test how long the treatement will be for? Would that be ok

Whaaaat? I don't remember seeing a question asking why did they do a small scale study? Am I an idiot and did I just miss out a question?
How many marks was it?
Reply 6057
Also, what did people write for the last question on matched pairs??
Original post by rtugman
I put neophillia for evolutionary explanations, and exposure to pro social behaviour, tiny bit on bandura SLT, parental mediation and developmental factors for the pro social apply question but I don't think I applied it well. Hated media to be honest, and think I did pretty badly in research methods.. yay.

What ao2 did you have for neiphullia
Original post by Lmw26
Also, what did people write for the last question on matched pairs??

Twins, if not genetic similarity then age height build sex weight

Latest

Trending

Trending