The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cowie
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465919833.201290.jpg This was the answer to the last question.. (I got it wrong and drew it as a tertiary alcohol:/
The integration value of 6 with the CH3 included the one on the left..)
How many marks would I loose for tertiary alcohol? I'd imagine 1 for not mentioning it having to be primary or secondary, 1 for wrong product and 2 probably for an error in my working that showed a segment of R-C(CH3)2OH..
So most likely -3/4 what do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The ch3 on the left would have a different value of chemical shift, so this can't be the case, as the groups aren't equivalent.
Reply 1061
Original post by Suits101
There may be different answers, but from my notes:

[ClCH2COCl]+* -> [COCl]+ (37Cl) + [ClCH2]* (35 Cl)

Okay so mine looked like this: ClCH2COCl+* = ClCH2O*(35Cl) + Cl*(37)

Probs wrong
I couldve sworn it was 8 peaks
Guys for the fragmentation one of the cl with 37 and 35 mass, did u have to state which one was the cl with mass of 35 and which one with maas of 37 becausw there was only one combination you could really get
Original post by chemistrypower
Lidocaine

What did you write for
Why is lidocaine hydrochloride rather than lidocaine preferred to be used in medicine?
Original post by Jojojuice
Possibly! I kept get 12 H's instead of 14. Also did the spectrum show that it was a carboxylic acid whereas the individual peaks showed the O-H to be separate from the C=O

No the spectrum showed it was an alcohol. And there was no C=O peak
Possibly! I kept get 12 H's instead of 14. Also did the spectrum show that it was a carboxylic acid whereas the individual peaks showed the O-H to be separate from the C=O

there wasn't a c=o? there was no c=o absorption in the infrared spectrum
Original post by MarimaKauser

Phew!! Hopefully, we will have got it correct :smile:
The first chemistry exam I was wearing novelty Christmas socks and they accidentally went off playing Christmas tunes. The examiner had to confiscate my socks.
Original post by muzzbuzzyhahaha
What did you write for
Why is lidocaine hydrochloride rather than lidocaine preferred to be used in medicine?

for this one i guessed last minute and said it had ionic bonding which is stronger than hydrogen bonding so the compound doesn't break down as easily. probably totally wrong had absolutely no clue
Original post by Hclarke9
Unfortunately, no :frown: hahaha

Shame! Well I'm glad I've spoken to someone else with the same name! Where abouts are you from then?
I was pretty confident that the answer to the Cnmr question was 9..until I came on here.
Original post by Cadherin
Was there a 6 mark Buffer question??

Yeah, it was easy though, end of Q3. Nah, only joking lol, relax

Apparently one of the oxygens was involved as an ether???
Pretty silly considering ethers aren't even in our syllabus
Original post by lishakb97
there wasn't a c=o? there was no c=o absorption in the infrared spectrum

It was next to the O-H at 3000
Original post by Boundless_x
This became very clear to me while struggling to complete the worst paper in existence....which explains my post after the exam.. :wink:

Spoiler

Lol! The questions really put me off. I'd say we're all in the same boat but...

Spoiler

Original post by DexterMabel
I remember getting all 3 of these

OMG Same!

Original post by HannahC-H
I think it was AgNO3 and a white ppt of AgCl formed with the acyl chloride

But they both had Chlorine in? I said a vigorous reaction when amine is added to acyl chloride.
Original post by Boundless_x
I was pretty confident that the answer to the Cnmr question was 9..until I came on here.

It is 9.
Its definitely 9 guys!
Original post by Cadherin
Was there a 6 mark Buffer question??

On the international paper aka edexcel
Original post by randoms132
Do you by any chance Remember the name of the molecule? I need to find out because i re counted at least 3 times and i was pretty sure :-(

I got 9 too, did yu remember that there were 4 in the benzene ring itself, then there were the two methyl (the same) so that's 5, the the NH so 6, then the CH2 (7), then the two ethyl groups which were symmetrical so the same but two environments (CH2CH3) so there were 9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending