The Student Room Group

Can i cram for Unit2&3 Chemistry

Basically, i'm going to be cramming from now on (let's say 5:00ish) :smile:
I'll be able to stay up till around 3am and still get 6 hours + sleep because my exam is in the afternoon and i've finished school.

So, do you suggest I just go through the specification and mygcsescience videos. Will that be enough to still achieve an A/A*?
I've printed out the specification so should I use that as my main source of revision right now or also go through the cgp books?

So far my method of cramming is ....

- Go through the specification (highlight and stuff)
-Watch MYGCSESCIENCE along the way for thorough understanding
- Do questions regularly along the way
- Finally, do a past paper

Kind of starting from scratch btw.

Should I do anything else.. any key points for c2&c3 I need to remember?

Thanks you in advance :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by last minute 1
I'll be able to stay up till around 3am and still get 6 hours + sleep because my exam is in the afternoon and i've finished school.

So, do you suggest I just go through the specification and mygcsescience videos. Will that be enough to still achieve an A/A*?
I've printed out the specification so should I use that as my main source of revision right now or also go through the cgp books?

I literally just annotated the specification while watching the my GCSE science videos, it works great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
if i can do it u can do it too,:biggrin:

gonna watch mygcse science then do exam questions on c2 then watch mygcse science videos for c3 and do exam questions,

then in the morning gonna go over stuff I'm still not confident (probably titration calculations):s-smilie:

really shouldn't have left it to the last minute since I'm doing chemistry a level and need an a .....oh well :colondollar:
Reply 3
If you're on AQA them the C2 paper is almost the same every year, so just focus on learning the answers to that paper.
With C3 learn the results to all the tests you need to know i.e flame test because they usually come up and just have s general knowledge of the content. It's not too difficult.

If you get too tired before 3 go to sleep anyway. More sleep is better than little sleep and more time staring blankly at a book
Original post by Afsanax
if i can do it u can do it too,:biggrin:

gonna watch mygcse science then do exam questions on c2 then watch mygcse science videos for c3 and do exam questions,

then in the morning gonna go over stuff I'm still not confident (probably titration calculations):s-smilie:

really shouldn't have left it to the last minute since I'm doing chemistry a level and need an a .....oh well :colondollar:

omg same, i want to do it for a level too
Really really hope I can still get a high grade in it otherwise ... no chemistry a level:frown:
Original post by Gogregg
If you're on AQA them the C2 paper is almost the same every year, so just focus on learning the answers to that paper.
With C3 learn the results to all the tests you need to know i.e flame test because they usually come up and just have s general knowledge of the content. It's not too difficult.

If you get too tired before 3 go to sleep anyway. More sleep is better than little sleep and more time staring blankly at a book

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 6

did this for b2 and b3, didn't go too great
sleep at around 11, wake up for 8/9 then continue revising instantly
Original post by mrpaper
did this for b2 and b3, didn't go too great
sleep at around 11, wake up for 8/9 then continue revising instantly

If it doesn't go too well then I guess I only have myself to blame :/
Chemistry is my favourite science and the one I want to take at a-level so I hope it goes really well ans you've kinda scared me so I think I'm gonna go revise right now lol
Reply 8
If it doesn't go too well then I guess I only have myself to blame :/
Chemistry is my favourite science and the one I want to take at a-level so I hope it goes really well ans you've kinda scared me so I think I'm gonna go revise right now lol

good because i messed up biology and now i've been revising chemistry ever since :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending