The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moeshaaodonkorr
Been on the 2015 thread for ages thinking 'wow it's a bit quiet on here', then I realised...

Don't worry... Did exactly the same. :P
did anyone do depression and media?
What evaluation could you have used for cbt in addiction???

I put ladouceurs study, that it treats the underlying cause and that they might not be able to engage with the practitioner if they had an addiction

Is there anything I've missed
Reply 6263
Literally every topic I do AQA ****ed me over. First gender, then schizophrenia and also addiction (kinda). Thanks AQA :-)
Reply 6264
Original post by Oiseaux
Yep next year is the final chance to resit them.

Thank you! Would i be able to do it as an external candidate? So that i can just book an exam and turn up? Its only learning essays so lessons wouldn't benefit me at all?
Original post by Olijm
Basically PSYA4 and PSYA3 went awful for me.. As the new alevels are coming into place, am i able to do redo them next year??

Nope i've already checked on the AQA exam timetable and you can retake both PSYA4 and PSYA3 next year:smile:

I'm sure you've done better than you thought !! I feel the same though ahh
Original post by izzylc
did anyone do depression and media?

I did them both.
I didn't think it was too bad! But I do have one question.
On the first question of research methods, we had to write a directional hypothesis for a small-scale study. Everyone I know wrote this about the study that we had in the blurb. However, I thought that we had to write about the small-scale study testing the validity of the questionnaire? Does anyone know if I've done it right or just messed up a bit?
Original post by Olijm
Thank you! Would i be able to do it as an external candidate? So that i can just book an exam and turn up? Its only learning essays so lessons wouldn't benefit me at all?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you would have to do that because I don't think any schools will be teaching the old spec next year anyway.
Reply 6269
Original post by izzylc
I used the lassie study on 6 year olds by sprafkin and the power rangers study by McKenna and ossoff. then said what they found. The linked the ideas of parental influence and supporting evidence for social learning theory back to how the programme should be made. so with a role model and should contain morals to allow parent - child discussion

I can't exactly remember what the question but was it to provide the televsion company ideas to promote social behaviour on tv by creating a programme?

I don't know if I did it right, but outlined SLT (observation, imitation, vicarious reinforcement) and also stated factors such as age, gender etc. I gave an idea of a programme they could create to be on the TV. I said that they could create a TV game show programme where children on that programme have to work in teams and cooperate (pro-social behaviour) to win. The winning team gets medals. I therefore argued that this would support SLT and promote pro-social behaviour, as children may imitate such behaviours because of the reward the children got in the programme. I also stated that the ages of the children in the programme and genders (presuming that both girls and boys will view the programme) will increased thevlikihood of the behaviour being imiated . I therefore argued that this viewed behaviour may also have effects in real life, for example they might imitate this behaviour in school, when they're made to work in teams and cooperate, thus promoting pro-social behaviour.
I then used lassie to illustrate how there is evidence that pro-social behaviour can how pro-social behaviour in the media can have a positive effect.

I hope I did it right and the evidence is sufficient
Do you think I'll get good marks for that??
Can anyone draw the correct bar chart? I still don't understand how you would do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I did conventional and atypical anti-psychotics as biological therapies for schizophrenia as the Jan 2013 mark scheme said ECT could only be credited if it was clear in the A01/A02 that is it no longer recommended/used apart from drug resistant patients. Everyone else I know did drugs and ECT so can I only get 12 marks max?
If you leave one line you should be fine as the exams question paper is being sent straight to the examiners door for psychology, it's not being scanned, so they won't penalise so I wouldn't worry
I basically wrote a letter as the consent form is that right?
Original post by Wormit
So I did conventional and atypical anti-psychotics as biological therapies for schizophrenia as the Jan 2013 mark scheme said ECT could only be credited if it was clear in the A01/A02 that is it no longer recommended/used apart from drug resistant patients. Everyone else I know did drugs and ECT so can I only get 12 marks max?

Provided you gave sufficient detail on drugs you can still get full marks :smile:
Original post by GoingForIt
Don't worry... Did exactly the same. :P

Ahahaha I felt like such a numpty!
Reply 6276
Original post by Biologist123
Nope i've already checked on the AQA exam timetable and you can retake both PSYA4 and PSYA3 next year:smile:

I'm sure you've done better than you thought !! I feel the same though ahh

Omg what??? You're joking :frown: link?
Original post by aj27cross
I didn't think it was too bad! But I do have one question.
On the first question of research methods, we had to write a directional hypothesis for a small-scale study. Everyone I know wrote this about the study that we had in the blurb. However, I thought that we had to write about the small-scale study testing the validity of the questionnaire? Does anyone know if I've done it right or just messed up a bit?

The entire of the first blurb was the small scale investigation, the second blurb later on then described the actual investigation
Original post by Olijm
Omg what??? You're joking :frown: link?

How is that a bad thing?
Original post by violetvictorious
Can anyone draw the correct bar chart? I still don't understand how you would do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

My bar chart that I did.

Click on enable editing if it shows up weird.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending