The Student Room Group

AS Computer Science AQA Paper 2 14th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got a copy of the paper available?]
Original post by ShatnersBassoon
You've been taught an oversimplified version of the law. "Swap All operators" only works if there are exactly two operators. I suppose there are two operators here but the two operators are "A" and "A+B", not "A" and "B" as most of your classmates must have naively assumed.

To test it out:
The original thing is (A+(A+B)':wink:'
My simplification is A'.(A+B)
Your simplification is A'+(A.B)

If A = 0 and B = 0:
The original thing is (0+(0+0)':wink:' = (0+0':wink:' = (0+1)' = 1' = 0
My simplification is 0'.(0+0) = 1.0 = 0
Your simplification is 0'+(0.0) = 1+0 = 1

I could carry on but you get the gist. Your expression outputs different results to the original.

****, your right. Thanks for that. Possibly looking at a Max of 20 marks lost , Mid B High B I reckon.

Anyone know what the paper was out of? swear it was out of 72?
Reply 62
Original post by OturuDansay
There needs to be an END IF after MOV R2, #69

Do you lose a mark if you dont put HALT?
Original post by Nemya_Nation
****, your right. Thanks for that. Possibly looking at a Max of 20 marks lost , Mid B High B I reckon.

Anyone know what the paper was out of? swear it was out of 72?

The front of the paper said it was out of 75
Original post by kaladevi2
The front of the paper said it was out of 75

Yeah thought so, last year it was 60. Probably just a thing that comes with the new spec.

70% = 53 Marks - A

I might actually have a chance. Good luck everyone and if anyone has Mechanics on Friday , it was good whilst it lasted ...
Original post by Dullah
Do you lose a mark if you dont put HALT?

No you wouldn't. HALT means when the program ends and it never stated to end the program in the question. You wouldn't gain nor lose if you put HALT :smile:
Yeah thought so, last year it was 60. Probably just a thing that comes with the new spec.

70% = 53 Marks - A

I might actually have a chance. Good luck everyone and if anyone has Mechanics on Friday , it was good whilst it lasted ...

Do you think 70% will be an A?
I thought (comparing to other years) its around 75% or so
I dunno lol
but they should be lower anyway this year because it's a new spec and AQA need to prove that the same amount of people can get A's lol
Do you think 70% will be an A?
I thought (comparing to other years) its around 75% or so
I dunno lol
but they should be lower anyway this year because it's a new spec and AQA need to prove that the same amount of people can get A's lol

Yeah I would say 70-80%, tbf it all comes down to the first paper, i ducked it up.
What did people get for the extra number of bits or bytes when increasing the colour depth?
Yeah I would say 70-80%, tbf it all comes down to the first paper, i ducked it up.

Yh I did as well
Original post by MrCoolVille
What did people get for the extra number of bits or bytes when increasing the colour depth?

1 extra bit I put
1 extra bit I put

I put 1 or 2. Can you remember how you did it?
Original post by MrCoolVille
I put 1 or 2. Can you remember how you did it?
I put 1 extra bit as well: 3 colours required 2 bits per pixel (2^2 > 3) and 5 requires 3 bits per pixel (2^3 > 5). But I didn't write down any working because it was only worth one mark, which was perhaps a mistake.
so many stuff the teacher hasnt covered...
Can anyone send me the actual paper and the mark scheme for this 2016 paper? Would be a great help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending