The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6420
Original post by Jpalmer.09
On a previous paper where they have asked them to outline biological therapies for schizophrenia they have put;''Students who cover ECT as A01 should make it clear that this treatment was used historically but has not been widely used for sz or deemed appropriate in recent years. However, it's more recent use in conjunction with antipsychotics for drug resistant patients could provide effective evaluation.''

Yeah I did see that on the paper, but I forgot to mention it. Anyway, I did talk about drug therapy in quite detail so that should enable me to get good A01 marks, but I don't know. I used ECT as my second explanation. My evaluation should still be okay for ECT if I didn't mention that ? If it doesn't affect it , then hopefully my A02 marks will boost it as I included a lot.

Was it explain 'one or two explanations' for that question? I can't remember
Original post by Onica
Yeah I did see that on the paper, but I forgot to mention it. Anyway, I did talk about drug therapy in quite detail so that should enable me to get good A01 marks, but I don't know. I used ECT as my second explanation. My evaluation should still be okay for ECT if I didn't mention that ? If it doesn't affect it , then hopefully my A02 marks will boost it as I included a lot.

Was it explain 'one or two explanations' for that question? I can't remember

As you did drug therapy I don't think not including that piece of information will hinder your marks too much. The question asked for one or more explanations of biological therapies to treat schizophrenia.
Original post by Lularose83
I put Mann Whitney U! I know a lot of people who put the same as you though, so I don't think what I did was right. Maybe they'll be lenient in the make scheme! :smile:

Nahh I think ur right...many people put ur answer. I was just stupid. I only looked at the table
Wait I don't get about the whole ECT thing. Can we not write about ECT? Will it lower our marks? I should Probs have looked at past papers
Original post by Can't think name
Nahh I think ur right...many people put ur answer. I was just stupid. I only looked at the table

It's only a few marks you've lost if it was wrong though :smile: and I completely messed the graph question up :/
Just remembered, for the research methods section I put that the findings weren't statistically significant. Arrgh that's four marks down the drain :frown:
For the question where you had to sketch the graph..

How many marks out of 4 will I get if I only forgot to label the Y axis but labelled the experimental and control group with 2 bars in each group (4 bars overall) representing the median and range of each accurately on the X axis?

Also was there any need for a title? As I asked my teacher and he said they do not award marks for a title unless asked for directly in the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6427
is there an unofficial markscheme for the research methos yet?
And/or unofficial grade boundaries/markscheme for schizophrenia, addiction and RM
does anyone know if we can still resit AS? considering we r the last year of this syllabus:frown:
Original post by kaylie97
does anyone know if we can still resit AS? considering we r the last year of this syllabus:frown:

I believe there are 2017 resits available for both AS & A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
I believe there are 2017 resits available for both AS & A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

2016 was the last year to resist AS, but we can still sit A2 next year as you get one chance to resist the exam
Original post by elllssss
2016 was the last year to resist AS, but we can still sit A2 next year as you get one chance to resist the exam

I don't think that's right, as some centres do the whole A Level within a year, which means that if they were starting this year, they'd have to do our course. This means that there would need to be AS & A2 resits next year to offer this second chance
Original post by elllssss

AS resits for our (old) spec are on the AQA 2017 timetable
Threw out all my psychology stuff today, felt so good lmao. BYE
Original post by кяя

I dont dare do it incase i have to resit😣
Original post by Abbey15

True, but I won't resit even if I get a bad grade. It's too stressful, I hate writing too much about something I don't care about enough
Original post by кяя

I'm waiting for all my exams to be over so I can burn it all :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oiseaux
I'm waiting for all my exams to be over so I can burn it all :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool reminds me of when I finished with English GCSE which I hated with a passion due to a horrible teacher, and I wanted to burn my books literally burn them, but my mum got mad and said "I'm not letting your burn what we paid for and ordered from Amazon!!"
Original post by Abbey15

who revises reading notes lol

revision comes from writing the notes

i bin my notes every year so if i decide to resit i have no excuse for new notes lmao
Can anyone show an actual drawing of how they did the graph please :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending