The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nomophobia
You round down because it needs to be in the feasible region as well as being an integer - it depends on the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay thanks :smile:

So I guess it's best to just check the value satisfies the inequalities for the feasible region

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
Is there any easy way to do a scheduling diagram WITHOUT drawing a cascade diagram/gantt chart first?
Thanks
Hasan :smile:
When do you say nodes or vertices and edges or arcs?
Original post by HasanRaza1
Hi,
Is there any easy way to do a scheduling diagram WITHOUT drawing a cascade diagram/gantt chart first?
Thanks

I tried to search for a method yesterday, and I don't think there is, the only way is trial and error which would take too long. 😭
Hi,
Thanks

Just look at the numbers from the early/late event time diogram and make sure you keep dependencies in mind? That's what I do at least!
When drawing a scheduling diagram, if we draw a Gantt chart first, should we cross it out? Or can we leave both there?
Original post by target21859
When do you say nodes or vertices and edges or arcs?

Nodes and vertices are interchangeable; use whichever. The same goes for edges and arcs.
Hi,
Thanks

Found this a really useful video someone posted on here on that subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46SGt7O8So8
Well they don't take marks away, so I don't see how giving data which helps you but is not credited would leave you in any worse situation apart from time wise. Takes along time to draw a gantt for a 3/4 scheduling which may take 3/4+ mins anyway on it's own.
Anyone just to confirm - Prim's Algorithm is the one where you don't cross out arcs as you write them down, and Kruskal's is the one where you do? Right?
Original post by hogree
Found this a really useful video someone posted on here on that subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46SGt7O8So8

Thank you so much!! :biggrin:
According to Edexcel the grade boundary for an A this year is 71. I think it's something to do with them making the exams harder this year.
RIP everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zenphos
According to Edexcel the grade boundary for an A this year is 71.
RIP everyone

Yeah heard this as well :/ Also only just found the new method for Scheduling Charts, not in books as they haven't been updated yet XD
Original post by Zenphos
According to Edexcel the grade boundary for an A this year is 71. I think it's something to do with them making the exams harder this year.
RIP everyone

Obvious lie. Grade boundaries come out inAugust and are always around the 60 mark for an A.
When filling out an algorithm table, how do you know when to skip a row and when not to??
Original post by thesmallman
When filling out an algorithm table, how do you know when to skip a row and when not to??

From my computing knowledge:
An algorithm table is basically a small computer program. When a value updates you just need to jot down it's current value. When the computer reads the value it only wants the most recent so there is no reason why a row would be skipped; unless for human clarity. I don't think it matters as long as it is in the right order.
Original post by miless090
Obvious lie. Grade boundaries come out inAugust and are always around the 60 mark for an A.

Actually if you look at the grade boundaries:frown:https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803e643462f2b31.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYNlBRQkZFLXdQS0E/Grade%20Boundaries%20-%20Edexcel%20Maths%20A-level.pdf)

they have generally been in the range of 60-70 marks. There has also been reports on the edexcel webpage saying that the boundaries are increasing past this. I may still be wrong, but Edexcel are suggesting this.
Original post by LeFatOaf
Yeah heard this as well :/ Also only just found the new method for Scheduling Charts, not in books as they haven't been updated yet XD

Isn't D1 discontinued for reforms anyway as most of D1 is in Computer Science paper 2...
Original post by Zenphos
RIP everyone

Original post by LeFatOaf

What? How did you find this? What new method!!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending