The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pyslocke
Anyone think this enough for an A*? M2: 75/75. M3: 68/75. FP2: 66/75?

Looks like it :wink:
Anyone remember how many marks question 6 was?
Original post by Wright1998
Anyone remember how many marks question 6 was?

6+7
Reply 563
F*ck edexcel. Got around 50 for this and had to d1 straight after and it was impossible to finish in 1hr 30.
I think I got like 56 **** my life genuinely kill me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did question 5 ask to take moments about A? How many marks would you lose for finding R in terms of F?
When is Arsey releasing a model answers?
Reply 567
For the last question I made an arithmetic error that caused me to get the wrong speed for B in part a meaning I used the wrong value for the speed of B in part b and c how many marks would I drop bearing in mind my method using impulse etc was correct in part b.
Original post by target21859
No you had to find R and F in terms of d,g and theta. They didn't ask you to take moments about A I'm pretty sure. I took moments about B correctly.

Sorry, I didnt use F in my answer to part ii) so I thought you meant the force P.
I wrote your F as 'uR' (with u being the mu symbol thingie), im pretty sure it wont matter as that IS the total horizontal force.
How many marks was question 2?
Original post by Squishy•

He's not. Edexcel told him he can't do them anymore.
Original post by TKA1998
For the last question I made an arithmetic error that caused me to get the wrong speed for B in part a meaning I used the wrong value for the speed of B in part b and c how many marks would I drop bearing in mind my method using impulse etc was correct in part b.

SAME. Got b slower than a so didnt collide and some screwed up e. Frustrated think i missed one of the constants of the masses somewhere
I estimate that I got around 62:
on 1b, integrated between 0 and 3, so I'm estimating 2/5 marks, M1 and A1 for the correct integral.
on 6b, I stupidly used 4 instead of 3 for the horizontal component, so I estimate 2/7 marks, M1 and A1 for the correct vertical component.
Lost the last 5 marks on Q7.
Any estimates of what 62 would get?
Does anyone know how much question 2 was worth?
Original post by NamelessPersona
I estimate that I got around 62:
on 1b, integrated between 0 and 3, so I'm estimating 2/5 marks, M1 and A1 for the correct integral.
on 6b, I stupidly used 4 instead of 3 for the horizontal component, so I estimate 2/7 marks, M1 and A1 for the correct vertical component.
Lost the last 5 marks on Q7.
Any estimates of what 62 would get?

Looks like you're being quite harsh with your marking (which is always a good thing).

62 would definitely be an A/around 85 UMS.
Original post by AAls
F*ck edexcel. Got around 50 for this and had to d1 straight after and it was impossible to finish in 1hr 30.

Oh my god same. I kid you not I didn't finish question 6 and 7 and I did question 5 in the last 3 minutes :s-smilie:
Original post by zandneger
The mass of the cyclist was 80kg not 800kg

This is it, however the second equation was P = 12.5R - 12.5(80gsintheta) because the cyclist was moving down the hill.

So you get

3P = 12.5R + 12.5(40g)
P = 12.5R - 12.5(40g)
2P = 25(40g) = 1000g
P = 500g = 4900N

Wouldn't P be in watts tho, not in newtons?
Original post by Squishy•

He's not allowed to do them anymore. Edexcel are being right ****ers for making the papers hard as balls and telling Arsey that he's not allowed to do the model answers.
Original post by ombtom
Looks like you're being quite harsh with your marking (which is always a good thing).

62 would definitely be an A/around 85 UMS.

I really hope it is and that I get 62 as I need 85 UMS in M2 and S2 to get an A* in Further.
Reply 579
If I didn't round my answers (eg 10.44 or even better 0.829936) will that cause marks to be deducted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending