The Student Room Group

Ocr ca a453

we have just started our second controlled assessment for computing and for task one its a bout having a sentence, the user inputs a word and the program outputs the positions in the sentence where the word is. has anyone got any idea about the amount of screenshots/explanation? should i worry about word count?
Original post by nj1234
we have just started our second controlled assessment for computing and for task one its a bout having a sentence, the user inputs a word and the program outputs the positions in the sentence where the word is. has anyone got any idea about the amount of screenshots/explanation? should i worry about word count?

hey, i've finished ocr computing (finally) and got 44/45 for a453 so i'll try and help you out :smile:

word count should be the least of your priorities, it's more about getting everything in that matters. for task one i think i wrote around 2k, task two 4-5k and task three 8k so it does tend to add up as you go

you'll need a lot of screenshots, but don't put in any before the developmental testing. when you get to development, screenshot everything lol. when you code something, take a screenshot and briefly say what it does and maybe even take a screenshot of the programming running. also if you have any errors identify them and say why it's not working and maybe show the error you get too, then fix it and show how you improved it

then you'll need more screenshots for final testing (obviously) and you could maybe put one or two in your evaluation if you had any problems you couldn't solve or had to overcome in some way

hope i helped, just ask if you have any more questions
Reply 2
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
hey, i've finished ocr computing (finally) and got 44/45 for a453 so i'll try and help you out :smile:

word count should be the least of your priorities, it's more about getting everything in that matters. for task one i think i wrote around 2k, task two 4-5k and task three 8k so it does tend to add up as you go

you'll need a lot of screenshots, but don't put in any before the developmental testing. when you get to development, screenshot everything lol. when you code something, take a screenshot and briefly say what it does and maybe even take a screenshot of the programming running. also if you have any errors identify them and say why it's not working and maybe show the error you get too, then fix it and show how you improved it

then you'll need more screenshots for final testing (obviously) and you could maybe put one or two in your evaluation if you had any problems you couldn't solve or had to overcome in some way

hope i helped, just ask if you have any more questions

thanx, ill be sure to ask for any help if i need it, im using python 4 it btw
Reply 3
Can someone help me or send me the coding for task 2 and the design part would mean a lot if someone could help me I'm really stuck.

Some automated troubleshooting programs identify certain keywords in the customer’s query to provide potential solutions to the query.
For example, ‘There is no display on my mobile phone screen.’
The keywords ‘display’ and ‘phone’ would link to common problems with a phone display.
Analyse the requirements for this system and design, develop, test and evaluate a program to identify keywords in a query typed in by the user and provide a linked solution to common problems related to a mobile device from a selection stored in a text file or database. You will need to identify appropriate keywords that can be linked to general advice related problems. You need to account for variations in the form of the user input e.g. one user may query ‘There is no display on my mobile phone’, another user may query ‘My phone screen is blank.’

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by miniboo
Can someone help me or send me the coding for task 2 and the design part would mean a lot if someone could help me I'm really stuck.

Some automated troubleshooting programs identify certain keywords in the customer’s query to provide potential solutions to the query.
For example, ‘There is no display on my mobile phone screen.’
The keywords ‘display’ and ‘phone’ would link to common problems with a phone display.
Analyse the requirements for this system and design, develop, test and evaluate a program to identify keywords in a query typed in by the user and provide a linked solution to common problems related to a mobile device from a selection stored in a text file or database. You will need to identify appropriate keywords that can be linked to general advice related problems. You need to account for variations in the form of the user input e.g. one user may query ‘There is no display on my mobile phone’, another user may query ‘My phone screen is blank.’
Posted from TSR Mobile

ok, i think i can help you out so try to keep up.first you need the input to be all in one case (pref lower), you can do this by using this code in python;question = input('what is the problem; ').lower()you then need to seperate them into different strings, whioth each word being a string like thiswords = question.split(' ')then you have to match up the words to a for loop
could you help with the coding part of the controlled assessment, i have to create a code with it just asking 'what is your phone problem' and the code scans for the the keywords used in the users answer and associate a solution to it. this is what I have...
print ("what is the problem?")
problem1 = ("display","screen")
problem2 = ("dropped","cracked")

person = input("problem:")

if any (i in problem1 for i in person.split()):
doc = open("problem1.txt","r")
print(doc.read())
Reply 6
have you found the solution yet im styil stuck

Quick Reply

Latest