The Student Room Group

2016 | OCR A2 Advancing Physics B | G494 & G495 | 20th & 28th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by notrodash
That was certainly interesting... Lots of wordy questions. I couldn't do the exponential disproof at all because the data that I used actually did follow an exponential relationship.. I'm fairly certain I also mucked up the double mass half pressure question where I chose the line with gradient 1. Fairly certain that gradient 1/4 was correct. Oh well, I just hope that G495 is a bit better because I really need an A.

nah it was A, the steepest line

Original post by Wunderbarr
I put 0.5 and 8.

definitely 0.5 but not entirely sure about 8.

yea it's that
Original post by Polyrogue

And to the other guy about the exponential disprove, I found that the p.d halved at like 2 s, from 6V to 3V, but then at 4s (i.e. supposedly 2 half lives later) it went down to 1V instead of 1.5V.

I got the same thing. Just thought wrote that exponential decay needs a constant half life although I'm not sure whether that's correct.
How many marks were all the Q's on the botzmann factor in total? about 10?
Original post by NamelessPersona
I would say standard boundaries, around 46 or 47 for an A

average mark for an A is 41-43
Anyone remember more from the bullet question? Like which section it was in etc? I can't remember any of it and I just wonder wether my mind went blank or I missed it out.
Reply 85
Original post by StrangeBanana
nah it was A, the steepest line

yea it's that

I got gradient as 1/4
Original post by NamelessPersona
I would say standard boundaries, around 46 or 47 for an A

i thought its out of 60??!!
Original post by kennz
I got gradient as 1/4

pV = NkT => V = NkT/p, so volume is proportional to N (which is proportional to mass) and inversely proportional to pressure. The graph was volume vs. temperature, and it said the mass doubled and the pressure halved. So the volume-temperature gradient increased by a factor of 4.

Original post by Diraculous
Anyone remember more from the bullet question? Like which section it was in etc? I can't remember any of it and I just wonder wether my mind went blank or I missed it out.

it was the last question I think
pV = NkT => V = NkT/p, so volume is proportional to N (which is proportional to mass) and inversely proportional to pressure. The graph was volume vs. temperature, and it said the mass doubled and the pressure halved. So the volume-temperature gradient increased by a factor of 4.

How many marks?
Reply 89
Original post by smartalan73
Well based on the usual grade boundaries I'd say 40 for an A, 39 for B, 38 for C, 37.5 for D, 37 for E and <37 for a U

What about the one with helium atoms? What did u do for the last two questions of that
Original post by Diraculous
How many marks?

hmm

you had to show it had 0.2J after the impact, that's probably 2; then you had to calculate the speed from conservation of momentum, that's probably 3. Then there were two 2-markers. So it's about 9 marks.
Reply 91

What about the one with helium? What did u do for the last two questions of it
Reply 92

No but A was a directly proportional line, this would imply the gradient didnt change at all
Original post by VlAd x
What about the one with helium? What did u do for the last two questions of it

For "discuss the Boltzmann factor", I calculated it, and it was something like 10^-44 so I said it was negligible, so theoretically the helium atoms should escape eventually but it will take a very long time.

Can't remember the other question D:

Original post by kennz
No but A was a directly proportional line, this would imply the gradient didnt change at all

they were all directly proportional lines..?

if you mean the gradient was 1, it doesn't matter, because we were looking at it compared to the C line, whose gradient was 1/4, and 1/4 * 4 = 1
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 94
hmm

you had to show it had 0.2J after the impact, that's probably 2; then you had to calculate the speed from conservation of momentum, that's probably 3. Then there were two 2-markers. So it's about 9 marks.

10 questions, the show that question was 3 marks due to the assumption you had to make
Original post by kennz

for that question the right answer was 100% the highest line, with end point 4 times as high as the original line.
Original post by kennz
10 questions, the show that question was 3 marks due to the assumption you had to make

ah cool, 10 marks u mean tho right :tongue:
Reply 97
Original post by Simonium1010
for that question the right answer was 100% the highest line, with end point 4 times as high as the original line.

was there an original line?
Reply 98
ah cool, 10 marks u mean tho right :tongue:

yeah sorry, I cant type:biggrin:
Reply 99
For "discuss the Boltzmann factor", I calculated it, and it was something like 10^-44 so I said it was negligible, so theoretically the helium atoms should escape eventually but it will take a very long time.

Can't remember the other question D:

they were all directly proportional lines..?

if you mean the gradient was 1, it doesn't matter, because we were looking at it compared to the C line, whose gradient was 1/4, and 1/4 * 4 = 1

ah ok, i didnt see that you had to compare it to C, i knew it would increase but convinced myself it was 1/4 as it had to have 4 in it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending