The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirRaza97
nice I guessed that one and got the same :P

Yep that's the right answer
Original post by particlestudent
I messed up on proof and the em brake question too. I had a hard time explaining em induction in words.

Did the wheel actually induce an emf which in turn opposed the change of flux linkage in the current? It really confused me...

Yeah, because there was relative motion between the spinning wheel and the magnetic field between the pole points. It's like moving a bar into a coil but instead your moving a coil into a magnet if that makes sense.
Original post by SirRaza97
Yeah, because there was relative motion between the spinning wheel and the magnetic field between the pole points. It's like moving a bar into a coil but instead your moving a coil into a magnet if that makes sense.

Hopefully my terrible written communication scores marks
Original post by C0balt
Yeah was surprised to see that six marker, ISA was very similar

I had prepared a lot for other possible six markers and was stressing about them but was so relieved for something so simple to come up. Oh thats strange, I did the EMPA which was fairly easy, what do you think you got in this paper?
Original post by particlestudent
I read N wrong so I got V= mv/(N-m), so by attempting to find the kinetic energy formula with this would i get 0 marks?

Hopefully you get 1-2 method marks. I don't think they'd be that cruel to give 0/4
oh dear, june 2014 was 61 for the A*, will this year be similar ?
Original post by notanooblol
I had prepared a lot for other possible six markers and was stressing about them but was so relieved for something so simple to come up. Oh thats strange, I did the EMPA which was fairly easy, what do you think you got in this paper?

Yeah I didnt want electric or gravitational fields because I waffle too much for them haha. Yeah ISA was on SHM and there was describing a pendulum experiment thing there too.
I'm not sure, I haven't found any mistake but I may have lost a couple for the very first gradient question as I uses the end points of the line which weren't exactly on the +, and then BS'd for the very last disadvantage thing, and maybe some silly mistakes here and there. So I guess like 70?
Original post by nautella
oh dear, june 2014 was 61 for the A*, will this year be similar ?

Considering 2014's Section A was extremely straightforward, I don't think so because this MCQ had some questions that caught many people out
Original post by tanyapotter
for the transformer ratios, did people get the first column to be less than 1 and the second column to be more than 1?

what letter was that?

Hmmm, I think I got the opposite. It was a step up transformer, if I remember correctly, so the current in the primary (Ip) would be more than the current in the secondary (Vs).

The ratio in the second column was Vs/Vp which would give a number less than 1.

Can’t remember off the top of my head what the first column was or what letter my answer was.
Reply 1689
Original post by Mandos
C
B
A
D
C
C
D
B
B
C
A
A
C
A
C
A
D
A
C
A
A
D
B
A
D

not all right please correct

i got

D B B D D C D B C B C B B A A C D C C D A D C B D
Original post by Random1357
Nope, missed factor at the end (I got this and corrected)

What do you mean by factor?
Reply 1691
grade boundaries anyone??

39 for a B

49 for an A
Original post by kelvin1338
Considering 2014's Section A was extremely straightforward, I don't think so because this MCQ had some questions that caught many people out

I agree - I also thought June 2014 Section B was easier (and less wordy).

My guess is 57 for the A* on this paper, but who knows with AQA....
Original post by rk_

39 for a B

49 for an A

The gods are very kind if it's 49 for an A
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466429953.717886.jpg

What are the 3 that I am missing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my god I misread the nucleon number one and put 196😂😭 will I get error carried forward in the next question?
Original post by rk_

39 for a B

49 for an A

Lol don't think so, more like A 52 B 45
Original post by C0balt
Yeah I didnt want electric or gravitational fields because I waffle too much for them haha. Yeah ISA was on SHM and there was describing a pendulum experiment thing there too.
I'm not sure, I haven't found any mistake but I may have lost a couple for the very first gradient question as I uses the end points of the line which weren't exactly on the +, and then BS'd for the very last disadvantage thing, and maybe some silly mistakes here and there. So I guess like 70?

Yeah I was hoping for a transformer six marker as I had learnt that in depth but was more than happy with the one we were given. Oh okay, thats pretty nice. Thats pretty good, which uni are you applying to? I think I've lost around 6 marks but there could be more.
Original post by Yo12345

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the restoring force one again? I remember putting centre of oscillation for one of them
Original post by Yo12345

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remembered the one with the force triangle. What are the other 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending