Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
stfu

Cyber abuse TANYA POTTER
Original post by splashywill
yeah I'm pretty sure it was 3F

Isn't it an equipotential though?
Original post by liverpool2044
why did i get 11 farads for the capacitance, i did q/v and worked out the gradient, surely i wont lose 3 or will there be a range of answers

Hate to break it to you but 11 farads is huuuuge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squishy•
Isn't it an equipotential though?

I got 3F

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Euclidean
Hate to break it to you but 11 farads is huuuuge

Posted from TSR Mobile

micro i meant sorry
Original post by study.bud
Sorry but no actually, F=EQ and E=V/d so F=VQ/d. So it would have been the reciprocal graph. The electric field strength is constant, not the force

But D is no reciprocal either, as it touches both axes

I can't remember the question but i thought it asked something like the difference in force between x and y so whats the difference between closest point on the circle but isn't it the same because anywhere on a circle has the same distance from the centre and therefore the same force.
Reply 1869
Original post by perpetua
But D is no reciprocal either, as it touches both axes

F= EQ - E is constant anf Q is constant, so surely F is constant?
Original post by study.bud
Sorry but no actually, F=EQ and E=V/d so F=VQ/d. So it would have been the reciprocal graph. The electric field strength is constant, not the force

The answer was definitely the graph showing constant force.
Original post by Ginpls
Cyber abuse TANYA POTTER

i will literally kill you gin
Original post by Squishy•
I can't remember the question but i thought it asked something like the difference in force between x and y so whats the difference between closest point on the circle but isn't it the same because anywhere on a circle has the same distance from the centre and therefore the same force.

It was the force between X and Y and you had to use Pythagoras to solve it, resulting in an answer of 3F
Original post by tanyapotter
i will literally kill you gin

For the 2nd last multiple choice with the train through the magnetic field did anyone get C?
Original post by Yo12345
For the electromagnetic brakeI put:Advantage: A bigger brake force can be applied by making the magnetic field strongerDisadvantage: The brake would heat moreAre any of these right?Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you could potentially get a larger brake force if you have a rather powerful electromagnetic. Disadvantage not sure, with a high resistance and current to get the high brake force the coil could heat up more.
Original post by Vikingninja
For the 2nd last multiple choice with the train through the magnetic field did anyone get C?

Yeah you could potentially get a larger brake force if you have a rather powerful electromagnetic. Disadvantage not sure, with a high resistance and current to get the high brake force the coil could heat up more.

Thank you for replying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marioman
The answer was definitely the graph showing constant force.

There is a question is one of the past papers which asks you to find the force between two parallel points at the midpoint. Of course it's QV/D but most chose distractor QV/2D. The force is the same at all points between plates, it is uniform. So yeah it is.
Original post by liverpool2044
why did i get 11 farads for the capacitance, i did q/v and worked out the gradient, surely i wont lose 3 or will there be a range of answers

What points did you use on the graph? Since it was gradient I did the differences between two points. I got 8 micro farads.
For Section B the first question about finding the capacitance of the capacitor the gradient from the graph would have given 1/C
right?

I think I got 8 farads for that question I tried to find the gradient of the line then just used the reciprocal of the found gradient which got me 8 farads

Please tell me if i did it correctly
Original post by aelahi23
For Section B the first question about finding the capacitance of the capacitor the gradient from the graph would have given 1/C
right?

I think I got 8 farads for that question I tried to find the gradient of the line then just used the reciprocal of the found gradient which got me 8 farads

It was micro farads but if you put the number 8 as the answer it was right because the symbol was micro farads. The gradient was C because it was Q/V, I got 8 micro farads from doing the gradient.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending