The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

What did people but as units for epsilon naught x Gravitational constant?
Has anyone done a full unofficial mark scheme for the paper today yet? If yes can someone tell me what page its on please thankyou :-)
Original post by tophatmenis
What did people but as units for epsilon naught x Gravitational constant?

I just guessed that and I know I am wrong. I put the longest one with Fmkg nonsense. I didn't have time for this ugly question
Original post by mgill17
What does anyone reckon the B boundary will be. It's all I was aiming for in this paper anyway considering I always do slightly worse in exams and I doubt I'll be getting an A anyway oops

likely 48ish was way easier than last years?
What was the answer to the alpha particle momentum one? Think I put 1e-12 kgms-1 which doesn't agree with anything people are posting
Vote
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4176850

Last year the most popular vote was 49, and it actually turned out to be 49, so it's fairly accurate :biggrin:
Reply 1946
Original post by Vikingninja
I got zero as well, they all cancelled out.

yh that was my thinking, is that correct?
Waiting on kingaaran

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1948
Original post by particlestudent
I just guessed that and I know I am wrong. I put the longest one with Fmkg nonsense. I didn't have time for this ugly question

I put C^2 / kg^2 I think
Original post by boyyo
I put C^2 / kg^2 I think

I put the one with kg^2 in it because the electric equations don't involve mass.
Kingaaran plz hurry sir
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I have no idea why I did it but I said plot 'lengths against time' and the gradient would be g. Would I get any marks for the graphical method bit since I mentioned the gradient would be g?

Probably not because what you've said is incorrect and may be classed as an error of physics
What did people get for the gravitational potential at the centre of the 2 masses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AQATrolledMe
Do you think that unit 5 will be harder becuase unit 4 paper is kinda decent ? Hopefullly i dont trigger anyone

*Vietnam flashbacks intensifies*
Original post by WillRose
likely 48ish was way easier than last years?

That'll do me. I should be safe into that.:smile:
Original post by jonnypiercy
d b b d d c d b b c b c c a c a b a c a a d c b d

sorry dude, that doesn't really help, need to see the questions
Original post by GillyTheGhillie
*Vietnam flashbacks intensifies*

This is funny cause i am actually vietnamese :biggrin:
Hi,

For the question asking for the time constant: It said it took 45 seconds for 80% of the voltage to decay. So, I did 45/80, for the time for 1 % to decay. I then said the time constant was the time for it to decay to ~ 37% ((1/e)*100) and so I did (1-1/e)*100 which roughly gave 63% as expected. I did this 63% timesd by the value of 45/80 to give 63% lost- and I got like 35.6... which is wrong. Why is this wrong?
Original post by yellowfan1555
Hi,

For the question asking for the time constant: It said it took 45 seconds for 80% of the voltage to decay. So, I did 45/80, for the time for 1 % to decay. I then said the time constant was the time for it to decay to ~ 37% ((1/e)*100) and so I did (1-1/e)*100 which roughly gave 63% as expected. I did this 63% timesd by the value of 45/80 to give 63% lost- and I got like 35.6... which is wrong. Why is this wrong?

It doesn't decay at a constant rate. You can't just do 45/80.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending