The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QueenOfNachos
Any predictions for 100 UMS?

Guys what did you do for 5i? You differentiated to get something like 3cos4x - 4Sin4x. I then put that into RCos(4x+c) format and got a value of x = 0.16...
Couldn't any other way of doing it
Original post by Whizbox
They're exactly the same, ln2.5 is the simplified version

Do you think full marks will still be given to 0.5 ln 6.75?
The turning point had to be between pi/4 and pi/2 so the answer was 0.9 something
Wasn't the range -pi/4 to pi/2?
That's what I remember it as actually so maybe me and @thehollowcrown are right :smile:
Reply 1404
Original post by lozzie97
i completed the square but quadratic formula would work too.
get in sonnn i was so worried about that
Original post by AhnafR
Guys for 4a) i wrote x=1/2ln(25/4) instead of ln5/2. Did it say to simplify and how many marks would i lose?

I don't think I said to simplify

I hope it didn't anyway :colondollar:
Original post by Ecomaths
Why don't we?

Because the grade boundaries won't have been decided yet, as they're based on how well people perform. And if we've all done really badly then they'll be a lot lower than normal anyway.

This idea that maths exams are 'unfair' is really irritating me tbh. I've f-ed up multiple exams this year, so I get that it's frustrating, but it we can't blame Edexcel for the fact that we can't do every single question. Most people can't, that's kinda the point.
WHAT THE **** WAS THAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mpwb12345
Will send u it

Is it possible for you to send me a copy too? Please
Original post by SaxyBeast98
How many marks was question 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

7 (seven)
What was question one as i didn't get -5 and 6 as the answer, i did work this out in part b though. how many marks would i lose as would be under part b workings not part a?
Reply 1411
Original post by lfcrules
Do you think full marks will still be given to 0.5 ln 6.75?

hope so.. I got this too
that exam was easy. For the cotx question, I changed the equation in terms of tan2x=2/3. Then worked out the four values of x.
Guys for the last question if I left a as 1/0.2 would I still get the mark?
I didnt know 4sin4x was the same as 2sin2ycos2y. I thought it only worked for Sin2A only. Overall it was decent. A bit harder
Original post by k.russell
I am pretty sure I got this as well (my answer was deffo smaller than the one that other people are quoting). Wasn't this the question with Tan4x = 4/3 or something like that?

Yeah that was one of the 4 solutions but then when you looked at the boundaries which I think were pi/2<pi/4 0.9463 was the only one which fit
Original post by Reda2
I thought I could do all questions but I didn't!! Exams are simply not for me...

For my minimum grade predictions I need now A in C4 for overall B, or for my maximum marks I got, I will need overall B in C4 for overall B.

My days, pissed me off. How did you FLIPPIN do the question after you proved cotx? I just could not simplify it!

use the cot^2 +1 = cosec^2 identity
Original post by blahblah21
Not too sure its one of the 2, because I remember seeing 32 and 3, so I think 1 of us just read the signs wrong, worst case one of us will lose 2 marks

I got 29/2 at first when I incorrectly used 0.5 as gradient. Using -0.5 gave me 35/2
Original post by User57
What did anyone get for 1.a) ??

x=-5 and x=6 ?

a = 6 ?
Reply 1419
Original post by pineneedles
You were probably putting the numbers in the wrong equation, you had to put them in g(x) = 2x +7 (can't remember what it was), not g(x). I was getting so angry at that question then I realised XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

trust I put it into every equation available on that page but still didn't get that 1 mark. (1 mark for the interval??)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending