The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2016 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
yeh i feel you i think i got about 70 in c3 so really needed 90 in this one, but the way everyone is saying it was that easy really worries me :/

haha yeah. 64 is the least Ill get i think, so hopefully am just praying on method marks :s-smilie:. Anyways at least ive still got s2 on monday to ensure I get an A.
Original post by bat_man
haha yeah. 64 is the least Ill get i think, so hopefully am just praying on method marks :s-smilie:. Anyways at least ive still got s2 on monday to ensure I get an A.

ah same and yeh but s2 boundaries are crazyyyyyyyy
Original post by Steven Leong
If I got the differential equation wrong for 4a, will I still get method marks for the following question by substituting the values into my wrong equation?

yeh you'll get method mark
Reply 344
Original post by Robento
For Q6c, instead of writing k=2, i wrote 2root2 as the only answer......is it ok?

Yeah I did the same?
Original post by fefssdf
ah same and yeh but s2 boundaries are crazyyyyyyyy

true, but it is a relatively easier unit!! So hopefully will be able to do well. I reckon its gonna be an AIDS paper bc last years was piss.
Original post by Danllo
I got 61-63 raw marks in C3, how many UMS would that be ??

83/84 probably
Original post by bat_man
true, but it is a relatively easier unit!! So hopefully will be able to do well. I reckon its gonna be an AIDS paper bc last years was piss.

If the c4 boundaries are similar to last year then I can get away with a C in s2 but yeh oh god
Original post by YZ31618
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
ucles sending.jpg

Link to no 8 not working, but thanks for the others!!
Original post by lara24
Yeah I did the same?

yeh you will get the mark unless the examiner isn't in the mood lol
Original post by hwilkoo
Link to no 8 not working, but thanks for the others!!

13524051_1462594043766486_892640179_o.jpg
guys do you think a 69 in C3 and a 67 in C4 will get me an A*?
Original post by haris1haris2
guys do you think a 69 in C3 and a 67 in C4 will get me an A*?

100% mate
How many marks was each question worth?
I'd like to see how well i did but i've forgotten...
Original post by fefssdf
you had to find the volume of the cylinder which was formed through rotating the rectangle around the x - axis, and then you had to takeaway the volume of the region under the curve which involved using the formula for the volume of revolution.

For the cylinder volume, the radius was 8 and then the height was 17/2 which was the value found in part a, and so you do area of the cross section*height to give you this volume.

hope that helps ?

Thanks man appreciate it
but i didn't know to find the volume of the cylinder so lost most marks in that question
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 355
Original post by YZ31618
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
ucles sending.jpg
for the partial fraction question , I integrated by expanding the bottom and using differentiation by parts - will I lose all the marks as you get a different answer
yooo guys

What do you think 64 in C3 and roughly 65-67 in C4 would add upto in UMS?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GucciTown
How many marks was each question worth?
I'd like to see how well i did but i've forgotten...

wait till the model answers are up, as then you'll be able to see the paper again and how much the questions were worth :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
100% mate

thanks man wasnt sure now seeing that c4 was easy as people here say
Original post by fefssdf
wait till the model answers are up, as then you'll be able to see the paper again and how much the questions were worth :smile:

Thanks, when do you think the model answers will come out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending