The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by N0ddy
Because I'm one of the students who reported it to my school- my friends got sent photos of 'real papers' last night and refused to do their exam today as the photos turned out to be the real thing. They've also reported it and Pearson was contacted

Lol ur wet. If they cheated let them why would you report it to your school
Original post by N0ddy
Because I'm one of the students who reported it to my school- my friends got sent 'real papers' last night and refused to do their exam today as the photos they got sent turned out to photos of the real thing. They've also reported it and Pearson was contacted

in case it does turn out to be true what you sayin! Do you think only u guys are goin do the core 4 again or we all have to do it again?
Original post by jasonmaths
How about A* boundaies for both c3 and c4?

Yea I agree with you. When I did 2015's paper as a mock, I got full UMS, thats why I think last yr is so much easier. I made a lot of silly mistakes today :frown: Hopefully I can still get just an A*
Original post by SeanFM
Use last year's grade boundaries for a rough idea of UMS. Or find a paper you think is very similar in difficulty to both papers and go with those boundaries.

Thanks but I'm not sure of similar difficulty papers, do you have any predictions for grade boundaries?
Original post by coolguy123456
Thanks but I'm not sure of similar difficulty papers, do you have any predictions for grade boundaries?

I know it's not an easy thing to do / can be inaccurate/imperfect , but if I were to predict grade boundaries that is what I would do. I'm afraid I don't predict grade boundaries.

Good luck though :h:
C1 69-70
c2 66-67
s1 52-55

c3 57-60
c4 60-63
s2 - monday

can I still get an A?
Original post by Smithy1597
If i get 66/75 in c3 and 68/75 in c4 would i just about get the a* grade?

I got same marks as you for both C3 and C4 ;( I am so worried about my grades...Hopefully We could get an A* (fingercrossed)
How many marks out of the total 100marks do u think i need to get for 47ums and 57ums. Thanks in advance
why people don't post exam paper anymore like without solutions?? we did manage to access them last year
Reply 4749
Original post by imran_
C1 69-70
c2 66-67
s1 52-55

c3 57-60
c4 60-63
s2 - monday

can I still get an A?

you'd need about an A in S2
Original post by imran_
Lol ur wet. If they cheated let them why would you report it to your school

I'm wondering whether they'll disqualify everyone from that centre. In which case, they done f***ed up worse than Brexit by telling the invigilator 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Euclidean
I'm wondering whether they'll disqualify everyone from that centre. In which case, they done f***ed up worse than Brexit by telling the invigilator 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

doubt it, the proof would have been deleted by now
Original post by sztirmzi
why people don't post exam paper anymore like without solutions?? we did manage to access them last year

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4117437

Is TSR trying to remove posts as well which has question papers in them?
Reply 4754
Original post by 626
What would this be?
72/75 in C3
63/75 in C4

ums is not linear, therefore, using last years' ums calculator...71 was 100 ums for c3 so whether you got 71 or 72 or 75...it will all be seen as 100 ums

and 62 was 80 ums last year and 63 was about 82 ums

therefore, it you got those marks last year, u would have gotten an A*. this year exams were roughly the same level so it should still be an A* in my opinion. the guy who replied to you saying that 72 was 96 ums, he doesn't know how ums calculation works....

if you have any doubts, feel free to go to edexcel website, download ums calculator, it is on excel spreadsheet and then input the years and the exam modules, then you wouldn't have to ask people for ums!
Reply 4755

Arsey got indirectly told by edexcel to stop it as it does not allow the school to use the papers as mocks and therefore he stopped, willingly and has a thread about it. he was the guy who used to post the papers with solutions :frown:

therefore, no more solutions from this year onwards. he stopped a week or two ago :frown:
Is TSR trying to remove posts as well which has question papers in them?

I'm not sure. Any actual copies of the paper

I'm not sure. But any posts with an actual copy of the paper would/should be removed as far as I can tell, otherwise Arsey has no reason to not be allowed. :lol:
I believe I got 66//75 on C3 and 75/75 on C4 will this definitely be an A*? Even with high grade boundaries?
Just making sure - I got (worst case scenario) 63/64 out of 75 C3 and 75/75 in C4 (all my answers checked through but maybe allow -1 mark) - do people think this will be an A*?
I've been quite downbeat all day, it was an easy exam and I choked. Should've got an A* but I messed up. Oh well, wasn't meant to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending