The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lfcrules
Uhhhhhh spoilers !!!!! XDDD

Oops I'll delete that, sorry... (well I guess it's too late LOL)
Original post by fefssdf
oh god you might scrape it but you might not...

That's the most agonising part of it all, no knowing what will happen. Hopefully the odds are in my favour...
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466924100.514716.jpg Help with this question please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cookie2314
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466924100.514716.jpg Help with this question please

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe you've only looked at the first part of the problem.

1) probability p(x>6) and p(x<4) this is for the way you've drawn it on your diagram

2) then we must do the reverse as the smaller sides before could actually be the longer sides.

I'm sorry for the poor explanation. Exam Solutions probably has a video explaining it more clearly on his site
Original post by bulkybros100
Do they care about +C ? I think i forgot to write it for that question..
They do for some questions and they don't for others - it depends on the mark scheme. So if we say that there were three questions on that paper where you needed a +c (I can't remember how many exactly), then maybe one of those questions will penalise you for missing out the +c and the other two will say "Condone missing +c".

A similar thing is done for rounding when the question explicitly says "to three significant figures" or "to 1 decimal place" etc.
Reply 4885
Original post by k.russell
What ums are people thinking for 71 on C3, it was 100 last year and I don't think the paper was particularly harder than that. Despite this I would be surprised if it was 100, hope it's over 95 tho

doubt it'd be over 95 really
Original post by Yua

71/75 just as a direct conversion is 95, surely on the level of difficulty of that C3 paper 71 should be 95 at least?
how come there's no marking scheme yet??
Hi can anyone remember what the height was for the trapezium rule question as i got 5/2 ?
Original post by kuraishi
how come there's no marking scheme yet??

there is but it isn't very good - I want to see the actual paper again with full solutions but doubt we're going to get that :/
I messed up C3 pretty badly think i got 59/60 according to the unofficial markscheme but got full UMS in C4 and have an A overall in As dyu think itl be enough to help me scrape an A*? How does S2 contribute in this btw?
Original post by sim153
I messed up C3 pretty badly think i got 59/60 according to the unofficial markscheme but got full UMS in C4 and have an A overall in As dyu think itl be enough to help me scrape an A*? How does S2 contribute in this btw?

Have a look at grade boundaries for C3 in the past, see if you get 80 UMS or more. If you do, then you are in luck.

The requirement for A* is that you get 180 UMS or more from C3 and C4 combined, and 480 or more UMS overall from 6 units. S2 contributes to the latter requirement.
Original post by SeanFM
Have a look at grade boundaries for C3 in the past, see if you get 80 UMS or more. If you do, then you are in luck.

The requirement for A* is that you get 180 UMS or more from C3 and C4 combined, and 480 or more UMS overall from 6 units. S2 contributes to the latter requirement.

Thanks just worrried as people found the paper really easy hope grade boundaries for C3 will let me scrape an A
Original post by sim153
Thanks just worrried as people found the paper really easy hope grade boundaries for C3 will let me scrape an A

I get what you mean :redface: good luck!
Original post by SeanFM
I get what you mean :redface: good luck!

Thanks XP
Could anyone explain how to do question 8 final part on finding the coordinates of E. Thanks
Do you guys reckon 71 on C3 and 67 on C4 can get an A*, feeling pretty worried? 😰
Reply 4897
Original post by amyanderly14
would 67/75 on C3 and 62/75 on C4 be an A?

Almost certainly
Original post by Yua

From the papers I've got here which I did as revision:
C3 June 15 - 71 raw -> 100 ums
C3 June 14 - 70 raw -> 97 ums
Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was over 95, did you really find C3 that easy?
I know people who are pretty good at maths who couldn't do some of the questions on there
I know this is the C4 thread but it's more active than C3 so thought i'd ask my question on here for C3:

if on the last part of the last q on C3 (where you had to show that T=...) i had T= -5ln(1/2+.../e^1.4) would i get 1-2 marks? The inside wasn't tidy or what it was supposed to be but i got -5 on outside and half on inside so cause of ln rules it's the same as having 5 and 2 ? (my inside wasn't correct but i showed working to get the value for a)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending