The Student Room Group

Daily mail calls out THE STUDENT ROOM!

Scroll to see replies

Ah the daily mail comment section. Most of them probably have about 5 brain cells tops.
Original post by Twinpeaks
You should be concerned those because according to @moggis the Daily Mail represents the middle class, intelligent population of our country :awesome:

Oh :rofl:
No sweetheart, I actually intended to say "one", as I was referring to your "one sample size" statement. How embarrassing.

You're doing your A-levels sweetheart. So reconsider. Unless you are repeating your A-levels for the sixth year running?

I really think you should reconsider the values of Christianity. What is it that Jesus teaches us?

I understand you have BPD, but that is no excuse for being a rude, arrogant little girl. Wise up.

Yeah, yeah, whatever :tongue:

Reading comprehension, not even once, I'm halfway through a degree in Chemistry actually. Not that you bothered to focus on my profile enough to read that far down.

Why are you bringing my faith into this? Irrelevant much?

I do not have BPD, where did you get that information from? Never once have I claimed to have BPD, you must be confusing me with someone else.

Oh, and personal insults are a surefire way of telling everyone you lost the arguement
I'll respond to the rest later on your profile (something for you to look forward to!) but I'll respond to your last sentence here.

What argument are you referring you to exactly? The one where I explained to you what sociology entailed and what jobs directly relate to sociology, which resulted in you having absolutely no coherent reply what so ever?

It's not an argument, but an education. You cannot despite what a discipline is, you can dispute whether you find it to be worthy of your obviously high standards, you can dispute whether it's a science or not, but you cannot dispute what it is, which is a social research discipline.

It's concerning that you find that an argument. Next you'll be arguing that blue is red.
I'll respond to the rest later on your profile (something for you to look forward to!) but I'll respond to your last sentence here.

What argument are you referring you to exactly? The one where I explained to you what sociology entailed and what jobs directly relate to sociology, which resulted in you having absolutely no coherent reply what so ever?

It's not an argument, but an education. You cannot despite what a discipline is, you can dispute whether you find it to be worthy of your obviously high standards, you can dispute whether it's a science or not, but you cannot dispute what it is, which is a social research discipline.

It's concerning that you find that an argument. Next you'll be arguing that blue is red.

Okay so now it's been blatantly made obvious to everyone that you know next to nothing about me and can't even read a section of writing on a profile right, let alone spell correctly, you resorted to making up things about me (BPD lol) and personal insults. You are the one who should be embarrassed.

What does 'despite' mean in this context? I can only reply to questions that make sense.

I never denied that it was a social research discipline but I did deny that sociology and psychology as a whole is considered a 'hard science.' Please enlighten me, what does your job and role entail?

Edit: Please see my comment on your profile because I have no wish to derail the thread
(edited 7 years ago)
Righteo.

Firstly-

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4181611

So you are telling me you are not intending to study an A-level in the immediate future?

Also, like you suggested I should do, I read your profile and according to your profile you are not studying at a university at all? You started a degree, but decided that you can "do better" and so are looking for something else. You "did" a few years, notice the tense.

Also in regards to your petty and childish jibes regarding my spelling ability after one typo, was it not your wise words that said that one sample/ incidence is not sufficient to arise at a conclusion (AngryRedhead, 2016)? In which case perhaps you should heed your own advice, especially regarding something as complicated as one's spelling ability!

You might have denied that sociology is a hard science, but I never engaged in such an argument with you, did you completely fabricate that? I simply told you what sociology is, and what careers it directly leads to. Nothing I said referred to whether sociology is a "hard science", quite frankly who gives a ****.

The answer to your last question was provided directly by myself to you in the beginning of what has been a beautiful exchange of words x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 166
oh ffs the idiots titled an entire article on a joke. This is why i can never take the DM seriously, you can just see the mocking undertone
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I swear whenever I tell an old Asian person I want to do English and work in the arts sector I either get a disapproving look or a *****y comment like, "Oh there's no money into it. Why can't you do Law instead?"

Saying that I don't view myself as someone who would like Law at uni isn't a valid excuse though. Is wanting to teach English abroad really such a bad idea? I've researched it and they love teachers in China and Hong Kong who teach English.

I've seen degrees like Golf Management and I'm like there thinking :I English isn't easy during uni. A lot of idiots think it is because there's less contact hours in a degree.

The irony is is alnost impossible to get a job as a lawyer here because too may peoplw are doing law.
Yeah,one of my English GCSE teachers went to China to teach art :h:.
x

I shall respond to all this on your profile
It's about time for the DM to be shut down.
Reply 170
Original post by ❃ Stardust ❃
It's about time for the DM to be shut down.

Quick Reply

Latest