The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Been busy! Really enjoying work even though its tiring me out and i seem to gain atleast 1 new bruise a week!

Got the keys to my flat on wednesday and i move most of my stuff in on tuesday! Proper excited! :biggrin:
Getting a cooker fridge and washing machine off the council which will help me out loads financially and effort wise aswell!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
have you had tests for other things? One of my illnesses can cause weight gain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

How's your job going? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!
I've literally just searched it up on the NHS and it is very similar to what I have experienced. I thought it was just me associating feelings from that particular time of year.. I'm not really one to self-diagnose myself though. But I will look into it and thankyou so much for your help! I was worrying that my post might have broken the threads rules!

Yeah, everyone does seem so kind... its nice to come on here where everyone is so understanding! I'll definitely stick around:-)

Its deffinately not just you! I know my depressions worse when its cold and dark outside, try talking to a dr about it :yep:
Cos there may be things that help alleviate it other than antidepressants!

Some of the loveliest people iv met are from MHSS :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never realised how much of a **** person I am before tonight :hide:
Original post by Midnightmemories
I never realised how much of a **** person I am before tonight :hide:

From what I've seen on here, I definitely wouldn't say that. But why do you think so? (if that's not too personal :hugs: )
Original post by PandaWho
Been busy! Really enjoying work even though its tiring me out and i seem to gain atleast 1 new bruise a week!

Got the keys to my flat on wednesday and i move most of my stuff in on tuesday! Proper excited! :biggrin:
Getting a cooker fridge and washing machine off the council which will help me out loads financially and effort wise aswell!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's great you're enjoying work! So many people have jobs they despise so to find something you like is awesome :smile:

Hope the move goes well!
Original post by Sabertooth
From what I've seen on here, I definitely wouldn't say that. But why do you think so? (if that's not too personal :hugs: )

That's kinda like me asking you why you think I'm not a crap person. :hide:

I just hate how when things get too hard, I push people away. And now something happened earlier that just cemented it. I can't go see my friend at the moment because I can't afford to loose money from work and the fuel to go up. She's phoned me up crying about how much she wants to see me. I've had to tell her that I can't afford it right now and she's really upset with me.

I honestly wish I could go up but I just can't and it's really upset me as well. I can't borrow money of anyone because no one in my house has anything to give me. :hide: I just feel **** that I can't help make my friend happy again. :cry2:

I'm also a *****y person for other reasons but I won't go into those right now.
Original post by Midnightmemories
That's kinda like me asking you why you think I'm not a crap person. :hide:

I just hate how when things get too hard, I push people away. And now something happened earlier that just cemented it. I can't go see my friend at the moment because I can't afford to loose money from work and the fuel to go up. She's phoned me up crying about how much she wants to see me. I've had to tell her that I can't afford it right now and she's really upset with me.

I honestly wish I could go up but I just can't and it's really upset me as well. I can't borrow money of anyone because no one in my house has anything to give me. :hide: I just feel **** that I can't help make my friend happy again. :cry2:

I'm also a *****y person for other reasons but I won't go into those right now.

It sounds like that isn't really under your control. Not having the money to do something doesn't make you a bad person. I know it's not the same but have you tried webcamming on skype with this friend perhaps?

I don't know if this will be possible but could you two try going halves? I used to be in a ldr and we would each pay half for travel as that was the fairest way of dividing things.

Tbh it sounds a little unfair of your friend to be upset with you because you don't have the money....
Roll on next month when the council finally install a buzzer security door in the block of flats where I live. Just had someone chap my door 20 mins ago at a little past midnight and it woke me up with a panic and now its set off my OCD, paranoia, panics - you name it. Always scared to sleep when this happens.

He admitted he got the wrong door and then left. I'm getting absolutely sick of this now.
Posted from TSR Mobile
It sounds like that isn't really under your control. Not having the money to do something doesn't make you a bad person. I know it's not the same but have you tried webcamming on skype with this friend perhaps?

I don't know if this will be possible but could you two try going halves? I used to be in a ldr and we would each pay half for travel as that was the fairest way of dividing things.

Tbh it sounds a little unfair of your friend to be upset with you because you don't have the money....

Face timing isn't the same. It really isn't.

The problem is that she's offered to pay me money to go up, but I've had to say no and I can't accept it because I know I can't pay her back st the moment and I feel bad that I can't do that. (I can't accept stuff like that, it's just me. )

I think she's taking it out on me because she's upset that no one makes s effort to go up because they're "busy" but I'm the one with a job and other things going on yet I'm the only one to make a effort. I can't go up at the moment because my knees are kinda screwed up. And I can't do anything about them. :/
I have pretty bad memories of my hometown, however the same time I'd like to go back and visit my family. Not sure what to do.
Much hugs for anyone in here that needs them :hugs:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Roll on next month when the council finally install a buzzer security door in the block of flats where I live. Just had someone chap my door 20 mins ago at a little past midnight and it woke me up with a panic and now its set off my OCD, paranoia, panics - you name it. Always scared to sleep when this happens.

He admitted he got the wrong door and then left. I'm getting absolutely sick of this now.
Posted from TSR Mobile

We've got the buzzers and still get this fairly often. And finally, children have stopped banging on the windows / ringing the buzzer and running off.
I have an even greater respect than before for people who endure hallucinations/ anything that isnt really there.
One night was bad enough never mind having that repeatedly :redface:
Really struggle to keep up what I know from cbt at times of stress
Original post by Little Popcorns
Really struggle to keep up what I know from cbt at times of stress

Keep trying. The more you practice the more effective and easier to implement it will become. :console:

I know I always say this to people, but maybe you could try writing down what you need to do. Or make like mind-maps or something?
So the long and short of it:

Late 20s, single, jobless/not a student but by no means a failure-good A level grades (before "things" started happening). Live at home, don't drive, never been abroad, no friends to speak of.

Now-

I could get a job but would it give me more stress and therefore make my condition worse? Also, I know how hard it is to find viable employment. I could be months or more before I eventually work.

So do I go back to uni?

No. I don't trust myself to last the three years.

So what now, what about mates or a gf?

I have neither means or desire to make new friends. All the other mates I've ever made have slowly dropped off the radar so what's the point?

Do I get a gf?

No I've looked long and hard and I've given up effectively. I don't have the means meet girls no do I have the resources to start a relationship/maintain one.

So I am angry, hopeless, frustrated and down. What's the point? I don't mean that as a rhetorical question...literally? What can I do when it all seems so futile. should just jump in front of a bus.
Hey,

I haven't been here quite a while. Other than that I somehow have the feeling I lost all inner motivation and discipline, I just suffer from the heat.

I have one question to all of you, as we try to implement a "person to speak to for whatever reason" in my hall. (We thought only tutors weren't enough.) What would you expect from such a person and what would you not expect at all/not want? (Those persons, are only students living in the hall, we have no other requirements so far, then them being elected and ideally one being a boy and one a girl.)

I would be thankful for your input!

Enjoy football this evening!
Keep trying. The more you practice the more effective and easier to implement it will become. :console:

I know I always say this to people, but maybe you could try writing down what you need to do. Or make like mind-maps or something?

You're right thanks :smile:

I have a notepad I write it all in now but whenever I neglect it for a few days I feel like it's a massive failing
Original post by Nathanielle
Hey,

I haven't been here quite a while. Other than that I somehow have the feeling I lost all inner motivation and discipline, I just suffer from the heat.

I have one question to all of you, as we try to implement a "person to speak to for whatever reason" in my hall. (We thought only tutors weren't enough.) What would you expect from such a person and what would you not expect at all/not want? (Those persons, are only students living in the hall, we have no other requirements so far, then them being elected and ideally one being a boy and one a girl.)

I would be thankful for your input!

Enjoy football this evening!

I think those people must be among you who are keen on listening rather than speaking. It is an important factor that almost everyone feels comfortable with them. These words may be cliche, but I hope they help. :smile:

Edit : Grammar mistakes
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest